A piece of wood swung from a rope, as I tried my best to shoot it, "Still clean." Shane said, looking at the tree, "C'mon, the target is too small." I said, throwing my hands in the air, "C'mon, that's crap. Half-hour ago I saw you nail a bull's-eye at 25 feet." he said, resting his arm on the log, "It wasn't moving," I said a-matter-of-factly, "You think a walkers gonna hold still for you?" he laughed, "Focus and reload. Go again." he pushed the target and it was moving again. I missed, "Uh oh, did I piss you off. Come on, girl, you've got walkers all around you. They're in the woods. They're in the RV.-" I cut him off, "Stop badgering me!" I said, "You're too damn emotional." Shane scoffed, "You need to shut it down. Take all that guilt, take that fear, take that being pissed off, take it out." he looked me in the eyes, "Right, 'cause you're so calm." I said sarcastically. He pulled his gun and shot the target, "See that? See, I can be pissed off. I could be whistling Dixie and I'll always hit the target. But you, god, you shoot like a damn girl." he pissed me off. I grabbed my gun and shot, the bullet going inside the log, "There you go." Shane yelled a bit. I nodded, putting the gun in his hand and walked off, leaving Shane and the swinging target behind me.
----------
I didn't return to the farm. I was somewhere on a highway, just walking. I was weapon-less, having taken down one walker with my bare hands. I heard a car approaching, not caring who it was. The car slowed down beside me, "C'mon, let me give you a lift." Shane said, his voice now calm, "My feet work just fine."I scoffed and kept going. He revved the engine and pulled the car in front of me, cutting me off. He threw the car in park and opened the door, leaning out the window. I walked around the car, "Look, I was just trying to get you rattled." he said, getting out and slamming the door, "Is that an apology?" I said, glancing at him, "I crossed the line, I know. Yeah, it's an apology." he said, looking at the ground, "You're a real dick sometimes." I said, stopping to face him, "Yeah, I acknowledge that. I'll tell you what: I've got a lead on Sophia. I'm gonna go check it out. Why don't you come with me, be my backup?" he said, crossing his arms in-front of himself, " Remember what happened last time I was along with you?! Back at camp in the RV?!" I said, raising my voice, "That is the second time I got put through that, Shane. Who says I want to go through that again." I snarled, waiting for his answer. Not a word came from his mouth, "Shane. I've been through hell and back for this group. And you doing that to me was a way to thank me?!" I put my hand on my hip. My face burned red as he grabbed me and held me in his arms. I was uncomfortable, expecting something else. But it didn't come. The only thing I got was a hug that lasted an eternity, "C'mon, let's go look for Sophia." he said, releasing me. I nodded, not knowing what to say and followed him to the car.

// Glenn //
I split a piece of wood, then looked up. Lori was walking toward me. Oh great, "I'm sorry. Jade told me and it just came out. And it was Dale--" I stuttered, but she smiled, "It's okay. I shouldn't have put her in that position." she smiled. Truth is, I accidentally told Dale about Lori and the walkers and now Maggie hates the both of us, "Since she is off at gun training, I heard you're the one going with Maggie to town," she looked down and back up, "I've been thinking about what she said, about needing help. And she's right, that I do." I caught on to this, "Name it!" I said, willing to help her any way I could, "If you're still willing to make a run into town for me..." she was looking down, "I'm your man!" I said, smiling a bit at her, "Thank you." she whispered, hugging me, "It's okay, it's not a big deal really." I said after the hug went on for a while. She pulled away then left, leaving me awestruck behind her.

// Jade //
The car pulled up to a neighborhood. I didn't see any walkers, which was a good sign. Garbage cans were overflowing, a black turn was wrecked into a power poll. I loaded the gun Shane handed me and shut the door as quietly as possible, "We're gonna have to go house to house." he said, his voice rough, "We'll start at the far end and we'll work our way back." he said again. I nodded a response, "If Sophia got this far, she has a real shot, don't you think?" I ask him, causing me to get a look of uncertainty.
We burst into a house, "Sophia, anyone?" I called out, attempting to draw out any walkers or Sophia. I pointed my gun in front of me. I crept forward, not a sound coming from the house, "They walled off the hallway?" I said, looking at the plaster piece on the wall, a small hole in the bottom of it. Shane climbed in, and I went after him, "Sophia?" I called again, following Shane down the steps. Shane kicked down a barrier of furniture and into the garage. Walkers were dead, burnt! Flies buzzed around the dead bodies. I covered my mouth with my free hand, "She was never here." I said once I regained myself, "I don't know how to tell Carol this was another dead end." I said, crouching down. The sudden sound of walkers erupted and I looked under the garage door, which was slightly cracked open. Pairs of feet were seen. Dozens of them, "Come on, let's move." Shane whispered as the walkers began to crawl underneath the crack. We made it out the front door and immediately saw walkers. I raised my gun, ready to shoot any that got too close, "Cover that street, I'll clear the car." Shane said, picking off a walker. I aimed down the street and missed my first shot, then I missed the second. The walker with the red hair was dangerously close. Their heads were smaller than the log, and it made it very difficult. I took my time and aimed, then pulled the trigger. The gun clicked, "Shit." I said, reloading as quickly as possible. Before I aimed, Shane shot the red-headed walker without hesitation, "Focus now. Clear the jam. Focus." he said, covering me from the other side. There was a walker a few feet away, and Shane wouldn't shoot it, "Are you kidding me?!" I shouted, looking at Shane, "I got your back. Go." he said. I took in a deep breath and pulled the trigger, the walker falling to the ground. I took another deep breath and aimed at another walker, then pulled the trigger and watched it fall to the ground. I smoothly moved my aim over to another and watched it fall to the ground, lifeless, "Jade. Jade, let's go!" I heard Shane, but I ignored him and kept shooting. One after another, they fell to the ground at the hands of my bullets, "Come on." he said. I listened this time and ran after him. I stopped in front of the car and aimed at the 6 walkers coming at us, "Jade. Let's go!" Shane urged. I pulled the trigger, loving the sound of the bullet escaping the barrel and lodging itself in a walker, ending it's life.
--------------

I didn't plan on updating today, but I saw that I have 1k reads!! that's the coolest thing ever! thank you guys so much. I hope you enjoy this chapter!