Mingyu part 2

Start bij het begin

Jungkook nodded in agreement. Even though the techniques and technology associated with evidence collection and analysis had advanced by leaps and bounds in recent years, there was still no way to collect and meticulously appraise any evidence to do with 'smell".

"However, if she weren't blind, her sense of smell wouldn't be this acute," said Jungkook, "Life is such."

Lisa and Tzuyu very quickly became friends.

It wasn't a matter of how close they were, for both of them were quiet by nature. However there are times when tacit understanding and friendship do not require much talk and interaction to be established and quietly flourish. Lisa had always enjoyed reading. and Tzuyu's bookstore carried some weird and fantastic titles which she could not buy online. Thus, she became a member, and went to the bookstore every weekend to read.

Tzuyu also liked Lisa's character very much-direct, frank, only doing what she thought was right without being concerned about others' opinions. When she was immersed in a book, she would put on a cold expression and tell the bookstore assistant who was trying to chat with her, "Don't disturb me." This caused the assistant to feel sorely grieved. However, whenever anything happened in the bookstore, such as when it became incredibly busy and the assistants had to attend to urgent matters, Lisa would stick both hands in her trouser pockets, walk to the counter and proclaim, "I'm here to help." As time passed, the bookstore's assistants came to both revere and like this cold-faced, yet warm-hearted, female criminal investigator.

They even found a common interest. Once, while looking at a frequent male customer walk away, a young female bookstore assistant with a bashful expression whispered, "What does he do?"

Without lifting her head, Lisa who was standing to a side, commented, "He is a primary school teacher, very suitable for you. If you're interested, you'd better make a move."

Tzuyu continued, "En. He teaches at Primary School No. 2"

All the bookstore assistants were dumbfounded, and turned their heads to look at the two of them.

Lisa put down her book and looked at Tzuyu. A hint of deep laughter sparkled in Tzuyu's quiet, black eyes.

What Lisa had observed: briefcase, walking posture, a dusting of chalk powder on the hair, manner of speech...

What Tzuyu had smelled: Chinese ink, chalk, and the lavender that grew in the wide expanse at the entrance gate of Lin City Primary School No. 2.

Different methods, same acuity of perception.

From that time onwards, when the mood seized them, the two of them would thus learn each other's secrets as they exchanged opinions in a friendly contest.

"This one is a civil servant."

"That's right."

"What about this one?"

"Male, working in IT."

"I can't smell anything about this one."

"I understand, computers have no smell."

Mingyu only discovered his own sister had gained such a bosom friend half a month later. When he heard Lisa mention Tzuyu's name, his mind reflexively conjured up an image of her eyes, Even though the facts were right in front of him, whenever he thought of Tzuyu's blindness, he always felt there was something unreal about it.

How should he put it?

He had gazed at the beauty of those eyes, at their luminous resplendence which was brighter and clearer than starlight. How could such eyes be unable to see?