Chapter 76

When Lisa woke up, she saw a small yellow lamp hanging above her head, as well as a bleak, unfamiliar ceiling.

Jungkook was sleeping in a chair beside her bed, still dressed in the same muddy clothes. Outside the window, the night sky was dark and gloomy, which made his face seem especially handsome under the faint glow of the moon.

It was now dawn, so the air was extremely chilly. Lisa's throat was a little dry so she could not help but cough, though she did try to muffle the sound with her blanket. Jungkook immediately opened his eyes and turned toward her as he held her cold, petite-looking face in his large hands. "You're awake." Then, he poured a glass of water for her and added, "It's nothing serious, your blood sugar level was just a little low, so you've been given an intravenous drip. We're now at the village health center where you've been resting overnight. We'll return to Lin City tomorrow."

"Mhmm." Lisa sat up and took the glass of water. She felt so much better after the warm water flowed down her throat.

Jungkook pulled his chair even closer to the bed and stared at her with his dark eyes. After a while, he couldn't hold it in any longer and thus, flashed her a faint smile. "Imagine getting this mad..."

Lisa frowned and replied, "Aren't you mad?"

Jungkook grabbed her hands and kissed them softly. Since her skin was originally pale and delicate, it was now not just red from the IV drip, a small part of it had turned green too. Jungkook held her hands without saying a word.

Angry? Of course he was angry. There were clearly two murderers, but right now the irrefutable evidence showed that a single person did everything. It was all terribly frustrating.

Nonetheless this was all the more reason why they could not crumble right now. As a criminal police officer one needed to maintain a certain cold-blooded persistence.

Therefore, he smiled plainly and tried to calm Lisa down. "We shouldn't hurt ourselves regardless of how angry we are. Besides, when have cases ever been so easy to crack?"

Lisa nodded. How could she forget? Normally, she had a much more stable mentality than most people, but after witnessing Rosé in so much pain, even she found it hard to control her emotions.

After a while, her drowsiness wore off. She gazed off at the rising sun before getting up. "I'm going to wash my face."

Jungkook held her down on the bed. "I'll fetch the water, you just stay still."

Lisa watched as he walked beside the window before picking up the thermos flask on the floor. After this, he poured the water into a basin. His tall, powerful figure and his energetic movements could not help but give Lisa a sense of security.

Lisa stared at his wide back and then asked, "What's your take on this?"

Jungkook knew that if they did not discuss things clearly, then she would definitely keep thinking about it. After he handed her the water, he replied, "There are three things that caught my attention."

"Firstly, the victim this time was different. The first victim was a white collar worker; the second, although a postgraduate, was already interning in an organization, which aligns with your description of his preferred type of victim; however, the third victim was just an ordinary university student, there was nothing special about her."

"Secondly, the methods used in the cases were different. Obviously, the first two were carefully planned, such that to this day, nobody knows how the victims went missing. This made it difficult for us to track the culprit. Despite this, the third victim was only killed after she entered the forest to hike, after which Sehun was so lazy that he even abandoned the corpse in the same area. This made me certain that from the third case onwards, the entire incident took place in the forest, and that the culprit was, in fact, still in the forest. This eventually led us to capture Sehun.