Chapter 46

Dusk was slowly approaching as the street lights were slowly lit up street by street.

Residents in small towns loved to take strolls after their dinners, hence soon enough, small waves of crowds started to pass by the entrance of the hotel. As if by tradition, the lady boss of the hotel took a chair out to chat with people at the entrance, eating sunflower seeds whilst laughing and joking. Everything about the scene seemed peaceful and comfortable.

On the other hand, Jungkook, Kwangsoo, and Rosé sat in the car staring at the road attentively. Meanwhile, several plainclothes police officers were waiting inconspicuously at a newsstand not far away, as well as at the entrance of a lively supermarket.

They had already been keeping watch for over ten hours, because according to reliable sources, Chen Yong would return to the hotel that day. As night slowly fell, the criminal police officers slowly started to tense up.

Amidst the bustling crowd, a burly, medium-sized man in black was making his way towards the hotel from the supermarket. His intense expression gave off a threatening aura that cut through the lively atmosphere like a hot knife through butter.

Suddenly, he halted and looked around him as if he noticed that something was amiss.

"Go." Jungkook yelled in a low tone. A number of large officers charged out from every corner and headed towards Chen Yong. However, Chen Yong had extremely quick reflexes, and the second he heard the rapid, heavy footsteps in the distance, he immediately began running away without confirming the source. The police force was ready for this though, and a young criminal police officer ran head first into Chen Yong and soon slammed right into him. Moments later, the rest of the officers had swarmed around him and kept his body pressed firmly against the ground.

The whole process, which happened like a flash of lightning, shocked the lady boss so much that she spilled her seeds all over the ground. The passersby were dumbfounded too.

"Probably capturing a criminal."

"Arresting a thief."

"He's a wanted criminal, definitely a wanted criminal, look at that stance."

Everyone backed away slowly for their own safety, but also surrounded the hotel entrance such that it became packed and obstructed in hopes of getting a closer look.

"Behave." Kwangsoo shouted with a pale face as some criminal police officers clustered around Chen Yong before shoving him into one of the nearby cars. After this, Jungkook went up and conversed with Kwangsoo softly.

Rosé had also come out from the car as she looked at Chen Yong coldly.

"She's a police officer too, how pretty." One of the civilians said loud and clear, causing many people to look towards her. Rosé felt her face burn red, so she subconsciously took a look at the crowd around. When she did this, she was stunned.

On the leftmost side of the crowd, a tall, skinny man was staring straight at Chen Yong who was being detained in the car. He looked quite terrible and on his shoulder was a black bag. Rosé turned back and saw that, on the otherhand, Chen Yong had no bag on him.

After standing still for a few seconds, he quickly turned around and paced quickly into a nearby alley.

"Stop right there." Rosé screamed out loud. The man froze and bolted away at once.

The moment Jungkook and Kwangsoo heard Rosé's voice, they turned together to look. A second later, Jungkook was chasing after the man as well, with Kwangsoo following closely behind.