4; Lies of Omission

Jela walks into that building she knows all too well, the smell of sweat and rubber fills her senses as she remembers all the times she had shown up there to fight or work out... or to see Diego. She walks up to the rink, smiling a little bit as she remembers the late-night fights Diego and her would have after a stressful day.

       Jela walks into the building, it was about one-thirty in the morning, she just got done helping her doctor patch up all of her goons after a night of fighting another gang for shooting one of her own. To say she was frustrated with all of their failures was an understatement. Diego however was frustrated because there had been thirteen deaths because of this war and they can't seem to find out who the leader of the saw-scaled vipers is, they've recently started to call them the shadow. Jela walks into Diego's room, throwing her bag down and falling onto his bed with a groan, she looks at Diego only to see him brooding and sharpening his knives.

       "Rough day?" The twenty-year-old asks, looking over at him. He just grunts, still sharpening his knife and not looking over at her. She frowns, laying there and thinking for a minute, "let's fight babe."

       Diego looks up, a confused look on his face as he stares at her now. "I'm sorry what?"

       "You're stressed and so am I, we always got our anger out like that when we were younger so I don't see why we wouldn't now." She says, standing up and grabbing his hand that holds the knife and gently taking it before sitting on his lap facing him, lightly tracing his chin with it focusing her eyes on the sharp knife before stabbing it into the top of the chair and looking him in his eyes.

       "Fuck, how could I say no when you do shit like that." He says, glancing down at her lips before leaning in to kiss them, his pupils dilated, his breathing irregular. He leans closer but just as soon as his lips hover over theirs Jela stands up, pulling him with.

       "You can get a kiss if you win Batsy." She says a smirk showed on her face as they led Diego to the wrestling mat, neither of them lost that night to put it in the best way.

       "Wow, you actually showed up, I thought you'd be attached to Klaus or Five," Diego says, breaking her out of her train of thought.

       "I was with both of them actually, but I am not their mother, I don't need to treat them as such and I plan to see Five after this anyhow." She says, looking over at him. "Now what do you want."

       "Alright fine, you know all of these deaths recently it's making me think that the shadow is trying to extend her territory again and then I thought some more. Jela you get paid by the job and you're never working how are you paying for anything? What's your job?" He says, walking closer to her, right in her personal space. Their faces centimeters away from each other, making eye contact. Jela just hums, grabbing his hands lightly and he lets her as Jela sighs a bit.

       "I worked with Dad in my spare time, other times I did a lot of things I probably shouldn't have. What are you insinuating here, you know I hate when you don't get straight to the point, my dear." She says, her words sounding like they're sweet, but her voice is stern.

       "What did you do that you shouldn't have Jela?" He asks, taking a step away so he doesn't lose his focus. She just sighs, taking out her phone, and starts playing some music.

       "Fell in love with someone who has awful morals, oh wait it was you that did that." She says, swaying her hips a little and she starts to hum. She takes her hair, which is a mess still and puts it up in a messy bun. She takes her overcoat off so she's only wearing her bralette and her dress pants, she then goes into the ring, leaning against the ropes.

       "That isn't an answer Jela." He says, giving her a harsh look, "You know Im starting to question if I know you. What were you doing the night dad died?"

       "An answer if you win, no powers, no chokeholds. The Fates and I are in an argument right now, long story... You win I tell you, I win and we move on, go back to being strangers who see each other in random professional circumstances. What do you say, do we have a deal?" She asks, holding out her hand. He groans, trying to make a decision. "Five seconds and I leave without another word. Five... Four..." He snarls and walks over, taking her hand. She pulls him close, a smirk on her face as they are now inches from each other. Johnny Don't leave me begins to play as Diego pulls away and gets into the ring.

       "Until one of us is pinned?" He asks and Jela nods her head, focusing on his body language, both of them reading each other like a book. They both are at a standstill until Diego rushes at her, aiming for her legs. Jela knows that she will have to get him to the ground to be able to have a fair chance as he gets distracted when they are that close, however his anger tends to get the best of him a lot of the time. Jela falls back, pushing her arm up and spinning them round as fast as she could, they both go back and forth neither being able to pin the other. They went on like this for two hours until they both went to move their heads closer to one another, smashing their foreheads against each other. They fall back, holding their heads and groaning in pain. There's a pause of silence before Jela makes a 'pfft' noise and they both break out into laughter.

       "I think that was a tie.." Jela says after they calm down, looking over to him, only to see him looking back. There's a soft smile on his face as he looks at her, he quickly coughs and covers his smile... He missed her.

       "So that means we do both?" He asks a slight pout on his face as he looks away from her, trying to act tough as he puts on his manly mask and gives her a serious look.

       "I think you might be stuck with me for a while, I'm going to want a rematch soon. I will just tell you the truth, I'm The Shadow or whatever ridiculous name they have been giving me now." She says, looking him in the eyes to see them switch from hopeful to angered.