1.5; Family and Lovers Banter

"Am I, am I interrupting something?" Vanya asks as she walks into the room, she could see a slight glow from both siblings as they argue. Jela lets out a breath, trying to calm down, he knows now, all of the important things, and Jela knows about him too. She knows about the apocalypse.

   "No sis, we were just bumping heads about something, but we've settled it now. He's in the right, I'm just letting my frustration take over, you know how it is." She says, only admitting it because it was only those two around her, it was her way of telling Five he was right, and with that, she walked out of the room. She walks over to Diego, who is in the same spot she left him, this time sipping some water.

   "Hey Hero, time to go pour dad's ashes." She says bluntly, he looks over at her, setting down his drink.

   "You could've been hurt." He says, giving her a look that says 'I'm in the mood to argue' making her frown.

   "I knew that I wouldn't, I knew that it was Five." She lies, walking over and sitting on the edge of the table.

   "I can tell when you're lying, you talk differently." He says, making eye contact with her, he likes her eyes, because if you know her eyes and you know how to see past her walls and the lack of emotion you can see her world of feeling and care.

   "Atropos told me that I won't die in this timeline, so I'm not worried." She says, shaking her head and she can tell that Diego is still upset, she sighs. "If you're waiting for an apology you won't be receiving one."

   "What if you died, or got sucked into the portal?" He snaps, standing up, absolutely frustrated.

   "Diego.." She smiles, making him more infuriated, he opens his mouth to speak, but what she says stops him. "It's good to see you still care about me all the same."

   "Well- I uh..." He stutters, losing his concentration on what he was about to say.

   "Now come on, let's go get this thing over with Batman." She says, knowing that he may have lost anger towards her, but he still has that anger bottled up, he follows her towards the others as they all grab their umbrellas.

~~

   "Did something happen?" Grace asks, looking confused as they stand together outside, Jela grits her teeth. Five could see it on her face... He knew what she was feeling every time she saw Grace now. She feels betrayed and frustrated with herself for keeping the truth a secret.

   "Dad died, remember?" Allison asks, everyone looking at Grace now, the concern on Diego's face made Jela relax, as she would do anything to protect the ones she loves.

   "Oh, yes, of course," Grace says, looking at Jela who keeps her face emotionless, no one other than Five noticing that strange glance of confirmation.

   "Is mom okay?" Allison asks, looking at Diego and then glancing at Jela.

   "Yeah, yeah, she's fine. She just needs to rest, you know, recharge." Diego says, looking at Jela as well.

   "I'll give her a check-up, she hasn't been getting her regular ones since I've been busy and so has-" She pauses at the present tense she used, making her lose her train of thought for a moment, when you're always focused on the timelines you lose your wording sometimes. "So was dad."

   There was a moment of silence, no one knew what to say to her, but Five put a hand on her shoulder and that made her calm down. That was exactly what she wanted, she would never admit it, but... She just wants someone who would do the same for her as she would for them, making eye contact with Five she knew that her brother wants the same thing. So, she would stay by his side, this time she's not letting him go through this alone. Pogo walks out, looking over at Luther. "Whenever you're ready dear boy."