Chapter 13- Veronica's POV

Start from the beginning

"Damn, I feel like I've been hit by a truck." He says rubbing his head.

"Sorry." I say. I help him up.

"I will tell the leader you beat me." He says.

"Did you ever doubt me?" I say smiling.

I throwback on my jean jacket and Hutch is drenched in sweat.

"You didn't even break a sweat." He says. "That's insane. Anyway I need to take you to Rein to get your IV."

"Okay." I say.

We walk over to Reins office and she has the IV cart set up again.

"We are going into a different room today." She says.

Hutch and I follow her into a metal room with a metal chair. Like an interrogation room.

"Take a seat." Rein says.

I sit down and she sticks the needle in my wrist. She tapes the needle down and grabs her chart.

"This is a new set of medicine. Unlike the last one." She says.

"Alright." I say.

The medicine flows into me and my power groans. My eyes turn bright blue and I clench my teeth. It feels like water on my skin and air in my body. I can't control it. Rein and Hutch look at me.

"Get out." I mutter. I clench my teeth and look up at them.

"What did you say Veronica?" Hutch asks.

"Get out!" I scream.

I can't control it. I feel the power growing inside of me. I lock eyes with Hutch as my eyes flash bright blue again.

"She is losing control." Rein says.

"Get out!" I scream again. "Before I kill you. I can't handle it."

They get out of the room and look in from the protective glass. My power surges and water hits the side of the room. Water fills the room as waves flow out of me. My head shoots up and a blast of wind blows throughout the room. I pass out and see the darkness.

I wake up in a gurney. A pulse reader is on my pointer finger. My head is pounding. My wrist is wrapped up and the heart monitor next to me beeps. I feel light-headed and tired.

"And she is up." Rein says walking in.

"What happened?" I ask.

"The IV made your powers take over. You couldn't stop them. You took in every last drop of that IV." She says.

"How did you get the water out of the metal room?" I ask.

"Drained it. Your body has gone through a lot." She says.

Rein lets me out of the hospital room and back to my room. I walk back into my room and change my clothes. I put on a gray shirt that goes down to my fingertips and ripped jeans. I walk down to the cafeteria and sit with my normal group.

"Hey we heard what happened yesterday. Are you okay?" Tyler asks, leaning from across the table.

"Yeah I am just tired. Using that much power, brings it out of you." I say.

"Power? We were talking about how you beat Hutch in training." Nathen says.

"That's what I meant as well." I say.

"You have powers?" Ashley asks.

"No." I say. If water has memory then can it take away memory? Yes. I summon my power and use the water. Water has memory. Take it away. I think that in my head and use my power toward them.

"I can't remember what we were talking about." Ashley says.

"Neither can I." Nathen says.

"What just happened?" Tyler asks.

"I just got here." I say. "So I don't know what you guys were talking about."

"Hey guys." Hutch says walking over.

"Finally getting over those bruises because Veronica beat you up?" Tyler asks.

"Whatever." Hutch says. He sits down next to me and leans against the table. "How are you Veronica?"

"Tired. I think I want to cancel training for today." I say.

"Alright. But we got you a new trainer." Hutch says.

"Who?" I ask. My curiosity is beaming.

"Someone who works with us from the outside. Her name is Lina Rose. She helped contact us to bring you in." He says.

Did I just hear that right?

"Lina, like the Lina that was my best friend and at my funeral? That Lina?" I ask.

"Yes. We brought her in when seeing you both on the security cameras. We needed an inside partner. She has been acting like the pitiful best friend but she is one of our best agents. She is at the same skill level so you will train with her. She really thought you were dead until we told her this morning. She took the news very badly." Hutch says.

"I need some air." I say stuttering. I stand up from the table and walk away. "I can't handle the lies. I am getting out of control."

I find myself in a hallway. I hear boots click on the tiles.

"I can't believe you are alive." Lina says walking down the hallway. She wears a sweatshirt with the arms cut off and ripped jeans. Tears flow down her face. "You're really alive."

She comes and sits next to me in the hallway.

"How could you never tell me you were a spy for them? On me!" I say. I don't know how to feel. I feel betrayed and overwhelmed.

"I was under an oath." She says. She touched her chest and her blonde lock of hair fell over her shoulders. "I wanted to tell you every day. And I didn't spy. I played a role."

"I am so used to seeing you in blouses and seam front pants. Not hoodies and ripped jeans." I say, looking up at her.

"I hated those clothes." She says, laughing.

I smile at her. But the smiling feeling doesn't reach my eyes.

"I am tired from this new IV that went wrong yesterday. I passed out and Rein had to wait to get me treated. And it did not end well." I say.

"Alright, I will leave you then." Lina says.

She gets up and walks away. I grab the bloody knife from next to my right leg and wipe it on my pants. I stand up and go to Reins office. She sits there writing notes on a notepad.

"Hey." She says looking up when I walk in.

"Hey. I have one question, did that IV drip have any side effects? Like nausea, sadness, and tiredness?" I say.

"No. That's weird why you're feeling that way. Can you try using your powers?" She asks, writing her notes.

"Yeah." I say.

I summon my power and my eyes flash blue. Then a shooting pain runs in my head. I scream.

"What's wrong?" Rein asks, jumping up.

My powers immediately shut off and I wipe the sweat off my head.

"Something is wrong. Something inside me is very very wrong." I say.

"What happened?" She asks.

"Pain. Bad pain. That has never happened before. My powers shut off." I say.

"We need to scan your brain." She says.

She grabs the brain orb and opens it. It forms into a halo and she fits it over my head. It turns and flashes.

"Alright, the scan is starting." Rein says. A few minutes later she looks up at me. "Something is going on and severing your connection to Bentley. You're dying because of it."