"Of course. Fine by me. Liam, are you okay with this-" Liam dropped his key in Harry's awaiting hand and the long-haired boy turned to Zayn, blowing both a quick kiss. "Go take care of him..." He disappeared and Zayn turned to Liam, grinning. "While I take care of you."

"Zayn, I'm fine. Plus, Simon wants me to work. I can't get distracted... Even if it's... You know..." Zayn stared Liam, smiling when he flushed slightly, whining "Zayn" when he stared a moment too long.

"Sorry, you're just gorgeous and amazing, as you should know. How about a bathroom break, instead?" Liam flushed harder and Zayn laughed again. "I wasn't suggesting that although I wouldn't be against it, relieving your stress and all that. I actually just wanted to give you a hug. I know how much you can worry about people, Li, I've seen it. Always so much more importance placed on others than yourself. You need to be taken care of, too, no matter how 'manly' you've been conditioned into believing you should be. I'll wait for you, okay? First stall on the right when you walk in."

"I'll... Yeah. Give me five minutes." Zayn winked and slipped away, unaware of the way Liam couldn't keep his eyes off of him as he went.

"Before you go join your boyfriend, may I ask where that bartender you work with has gone off to? Louis, I think his name is. I just like his vibe." Liam jumped. There was a woman seated at the bar, sporting a face cap and sunglasses.

"I'm not sure I understand... He's not in, today."

"Ah. I see."

"I'm sorry, you said boyfriend... I'm not... I mean, we're not-"

"Of course, you are. Don't deceive yourself, dear, it's honestly got to be absolutely exhausting pretending to be what you're not all the time. Personally, I'm ignored, both purposefully and not, all the time and that guy pays attention to you. Cut yourself some slack and cut the crap. Now, if you'll excuse me..."

"I'm sorry, I don't know you. Do you want to send a note of some sort?"

"No, no... Trust me, Louis doesn't necessarily know me and I don't know him. But I have a feeling that won't be the case much longer. I'll see you soon, Payne." Liam felt the hairs on his neck stand up. They didn't have name tags so how in the hell did the blonde know who they were? He shook off the eerie feeling taking over his throat, realising that he really needed that hug.

He quickly left the bar, putting a sign up that he was on break and slipped into the restroom, giggling childishly when Zayn playfully yelled "finally" the moment he opened the door. He was a dork but he was Liam's dork and as long as he got to see that smile with the crinkles forming at the edges of his eyes, that was really all that mattered.

Louis shuffled over to the door, his eyes bloodshot. He felt like shit and he was about to make sure Liam remembered it after he deserted him. Sure, he was whiny but he was his roommate, fuck work, he was a million times more important for fuck's sake! He swung it open, peering through the net as he said, "hello, you fucking twat, did you at least buy me ice cream?"

"Umm... No but I brought Blue, over? To keep you company for a bit?" Louis was still for a moment, recognising Harry's voice instantly through his hazy eye sight. He let the door swing open and glanced from Harry to the bear, knowing he wanted to grab it- him but scared to do so.

Harry reached it out, an awkward smile on his face and then Louis realised what was stopping him. Toxic masculinity. Of all the fucking things to let himself get controlled by. He grimaced and gripped the bear, resting his burning forehead against its soft one sweetly. Harry felt all but forgotten and a bit slighted when Louis turned away with a sniff and went off to his bedroom but he pushed that aside. Louis needed him, right now, there was no time to take offence. Besides, that was probably the cutest thing he had ever seen him do.