Chapter 3: A Talk During a Ghostly Dinner

(Edited)

Mai: I am bored.

Me: Wel then start getting into character.

Naru: yea, I agree. You don't do very good at it.

Mai: Jerks. I'm not used to being cold and selfish like you Naru!

Naru: *Glares* Yuko does not own Ghost Hunt.

___________________

Mai's POV

I had gotten a shower taken and put on a silver dress that matches my eyes on as well. I was getting a little bored but was snapped out of it when I heard the door bell ring. "Ava, the guest are here. Let them in." I called from the study. I soon saw Ava scury down the stairs and rush to open the door.

I stood when I heard the door open and other voices following it. I walked out into the entry way to find Mr. and Mrs. Davis with there all to famous son..... Oliver Davis. I smiled despite my anger toward Oliver and walked up to them saying, "It is good to see you. I was beginning to think you forgot, I'm Mai Taniyama. Yet, you already know, so how about some dinner?"

Oliver seemed shocked I was their host and lived in this mansion. Luella Davis though nodded her head 'yes' and I led them down the hallway to the dinning room.

When we got there, there was a lot of seats and only around the south end there there four plates of food. It wasn't anything fancy but it was delicious all the same. We sat down and started to eat in silence.

Oliver kept looking at me through the dinner and it was annoying me. Suddenly I was snapped out of my eating when I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up to find Martin and Luella looking at me. "Oh, yes. *clears throat* I was wondering if I could join you. I wouldn't be an assistant are anything. No, I would only help with hard cases." I said.

Martin seemed to be thinking before he said,"Why do you want to join us though? You technically finished a case before Oliver and the Japan branch team could do anything!" I nodded, it was correct, yet replied,"Well, they have been here longer and have always finished cases so they might take away business from me. And if I lose business I lose profit and everything else." That was only partly true. Yes, I didn't want to lose business, and I could just move to places they aren't that big, yet I also wanted to get to know the gang again. See if any of them changed. Of course I would never admit that to anyone out loud.

I used my powers to check out what they were thinking. Martin thoughts were, 'I almost forgot this young girl is an orphan. We can't take away anything else from her. I will let her join. Well actually Noll has the last say in it all.' I almost scowled at him because his sympathy, but that would not be smart and I'd have to do it to Luella as well. I decided to read Oliver's thoughts then, 'Mai looks pretty hot, yet what happened to her? You know what I actually miss her real smile and I bet spending time with us will help her smile again.' I almost blushed when I heard that but forced my self not to. Well looks like I'm going to be joining BSPR. Yea, just like good old times! (Sense the sarcasm) It was quiet for another minute before Luella said,"Well of course you can. Martin? Noll?"

She looked at the two men as I did the same. They both nodded and Luella smiled and clapped her hands in joy. She was smiling so much that I thought her face would split open. But, then again what do I know about smiling anyway?

The rest of dinner was quiet. Martin, and Luella had tried to start a conversation yet I had ruined my mood for the night. In the end they just thanked me for the meal and left.

Yet, not before Oliver snuck up to me gave me a peice of paper and whispered in my ear, "Mai, I missed you. Good bye. For now." and he smiled. I was confused yet I ignored it and went back into the study or as Ava calls it 'cave'. I sighed as I sat in my chair and took out the note Oliver left. It wrote:

Dear Mai,

We all missed you. Wondered where you went. Also, when I was gone I realised..... I really like you Mai. Tell me your response next time we meet.

-Oliver Davis

I sighed once again. Just great, the narcissist I used to like NOW likes me back? Well, I think I still like him? Maybe? Oh, well my life was already confusing, might as well add this.

-------------------

Dear Readers,

Yo, I decided to write! You should be happy. I am SOOOOOO tired. I am going to bed! But, first I must tell you to comment, like, and follow me!

Peace out!

-Yuko