" I should message Hanabi. She'd be ecstatic! " (Name) grinned, fishing her phone from her pocket. 
When she turned it on, there were two unread texts in her inbox.

The first text was from Neji. She couldn't help but smile at the name Neji saved his number as.

From : Neji XOXO
Are you sure you're alright all alone, (Name)? I'll be back home by 6. If there's anything wrong, or if you need anything, just text me, okay?  I love you ;)

(Name) felt her heart lurch, and a wide smile broke on her lips when she saw the final sentence. She decided to send him a reply.

To : Neji XOXO 
I'll be fine, Neji. Don't worry and have a nice day at work, okay? I love you too ^~^ 

She grinned cheekily as she typed the final sentence. Then, (Name) moved on to the second text.

From : Unknown 
Long time no see! Finally you're alone, huh? You're pretty good at persuading him to leave you alone. 

(Name) frowned, reading the words over and over.

To : Unknown 
I think you've got the wrong number. 

She exhaled as she sent the message. Barely three seconds later, her phone beeped again.

From : Unknown 
Wrong number? I don't think so, (Name). Ah, you've forgotten about me. You've forgotten How could you) :

Shivers ran down her spine as she read the reply. How on Earth did that person know her name? 

To : Unknown 
I don't know what sick joke you're playing, but it ain't funny. Let me tell you something, I'm not somebody you should mess with. Get a life. 

(Name) thought that it would scare the person, but the reply made her even more afraid. 

From : Unknown
I almost ended your life once. Why should I be afraid? 

(Name) didn't even have the time to write a reply when another text arrived. Instead of words, it was a thread of pictures.

(Name)'s eyes widened when she saw the first picture. It was her, from a time that she didn't remember. Her eyes were bloodshot and flowing with tears.
She was driving a car, but she couldn't recognize the car from anywhere. It was a cute red Suzuki Swift, and the picture was taken from a side angle and zoomed in.

   " How..? "

The next picture was zoomed out, and showed her car being in the middle of two six wheelers. 

And in the next? Her car was wedged between the six wheelers. (Name) could see blood dripping from her mouth and a wound on her forehead.

Following that, was a picture of her bloody and battered self, lying unconscious in Neji's arms. In the background, she could see the car door had been pried open. 
(Name) was terrified - she had been so close to death. And the pictures made her even more afraid. 

From : Unknown 
Angry? Scared? Gosh, why didn't you just die back then? Then it'd be easy for all of us! Let this serve as a warning for you, (Name).

Following that text was a final picture. It was of her, lying unconscious in the hospital bed.

    " Welcome to your new home, (Name)!" Neji said, taking the stunned girl's hand and led her through the door.
It was a fully furnished four room luxury apartment, with a large balcony that overlooked the cityscape. 
     " Woah," was all (Name) could say. She was hesitant to step on the antique Persian carpet, afraid that she would leave dirt on it.
She was hesitant to touch the marble coffee table, afraid that she would leave fingermarks on it.