102. Snatchers

CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED AND TWO;

SNATCHERS

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"So this has been a thing all year?" Cassie took a seat across the table from Ron, who was fiddling with an old radio again. "As in, I could've been listening to it while I was at Hogwarts?"

"Yeah," Ron confirmed, still focused on the task of guessing passwords, at the same time that Hermione muttered, "I can't believe you actually went back.."

"Well, I told you three that I would," Cassie said, turning to face Hermione, "so I did. Just not under the most desirable of circumstances."

"Mental," said Ron, finally glancing up from the radio to give Cassie a disbelieving stare.

"Bill said the same thing," said Cassie, shrugging her shoulders as she turned back to face Ron. "Have you guessed it yet?"

"Not yet," he said, brow furrowed, "but I can feel how close I am..."

"May I?" Cassie asked, picking up her wand as Ron nodded and sat up so she could have room to begin tapping her wand on the top of the radio. "Er.. Dumbledore. Gryffindor. Order. ....Harry-Potter-is-the-fittest-and-most-fanciable-lad-to-ever-grace-the-halls-of-Hogwarts—"

"Cassie," chided Hermione, looking up from her book to roll her eyes.

"What're you going on about?" asked Harry, as he climbed into the tent. "I've only just gotten back from practicing with my wand; don't tell me Cass's already going on about how fit my arse is."

"Never stopped," she said, smiling up at him as he walked over to plant a kiss on her forehead. "I'm only trying to guess the password for Potterwatch. Lee's a literary genius, apparently, because I just can't figure it out."

"You've been trying for about two seconds," said Ron, snatching the radio back. He began the tapping again. "Albus. Moody. Weasley. Fawkes."

Cassie took the radio again, cracking her neck. "Harry, watch this." She made a spectacle of picking up her wand and tapping the top of the radio; she cleared her throat and said, "Padfoot."

"...apologize for our temporary absence from the airwaves," said a voice muffled down by the radio, "which was due to a number of house calls in our area by those charming Death Eaters."

Cassie smirked at Ron, who was staring at her with his jaw hanging open. "It's all in the tone, Weasley."

Harry and Hermione snickered, but Ron turned the volume on the radio as high as it could go.

"We here at Potterwatch have thankfully found ourselves another secure location," said the now very familiar voice of Lee Jordan, "and I'm pleased to tell you that two of our regular contributors have joined me here this evening. Evening, boys!"

"Hi!"

"Evening, River."

Cassie lifted her head, shocked. "Oi, that's—!"

"Yes, it is," grinned Ron. "They've all got code names, but you can usually tell–"

"Shhh!" said Hermione, swatting his upper arm.

"But before we hear from Royal and Romulus," Lee continued, "let's take a moment to report the deaths that the media doesn't think important enough to mention. It is with great regret that we inform our listeners of the murders of Dirk Cresswell and Ted Tonks."