86. Holy Matrimony

CHAPTER EIGHTY-SIX;

HOLY MATRIMONY

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"When I get married," said Fred, tugging at the ruffled collar of his dress robes, "I won't bother with any of this nonsense. You can all wear what you like, and I'll pur a full Body-Bind Curse on Mum until it's over."

"Good luck with that," said Cassie, clapping him on the shoulder as she passed by to catch a falling candle. She set it back on its pedestal and left it for someone else to light. "If I get married, I'd want it to be small, I think."

"Yeah; it'll be you, the officiator, and Harry," said George, puckering his lips and pretending to kiss a make-believe groom. Cassie rolled her eyes as the twins laughed at his joke.

"Ha-ha," she said dryly, "very funny. Oi, chin up, Fred, gotta show off those ruffles, yeah?" She lifted his chin with her finger and pat him on the chest, giving him a sarcastic smirk. He rolled his eyes and waved her hand away, sticking out his tongue in a childish gesture.

"And who is this?" George inquired as Hermione, Ron, and a man that was very obviously related to the Weasleys entered the kitchen.

   "This is Cousin Barny, George, you remember?" said Ron, beaming cheekily at his brothers as though trying to suppress a fit of laughter. Cassie snickered and moved to plant a kiss on Cousin Barny's cheek.

   "Can't have the Chosen One wandering around freely while he's so desirable, can we?" she asked, smiling up to Harry as he hooked an arm around her waist. "Cousin Barny's my date for this evening."

   "So, you two are official?" Fred raised an eyebrow, nodding, very clearly impressed. "Took long enough. Trust me. As a love expert," Ron snorted; Fred ignored him, "I was practically on the edge of my seat, waiting for it to finally happen."

   "Alright, love expert," said Ron, still laughing to himself, "go fancy some of those Veela that came as Fleur's guests, then. Show us what you can do, O' Wise One."

"Don't mind if I do," said Fred, taking George by the back of the neck and ushering him out to greet Fleur's family.

"Cheeky gits," said Cassie, though she held back an amused smile. "Shall we get going, then, Cousin Barny?"

"Not so fast," said Hermione, reaching out to stop Cassie from walking through the door. She glanced out the window, biting her lower lip, and pulled out a brown vial-like thing that she dropped a hair into the lip of.

If the color didn't give its contents away, the smell sure did. Cassie's jaw dropped. "No way," she said, her voice unwillingly hosting a bit of a whiney tone. She shook her head vigorously. "I didn't know I had to drink some!"

"You said it yourself; 'Can't have the Chosen One wandering around while he's so desirable.' If they see you – Cassiopeia Black, daughter of Sirius Black – sitting at a table with an unregistered and unnamed Weasley, don't you think they'll be able to connect the dots?"

"I wasn't counting on it," Cassie grumbled in reply. Hermione rolled her eyes and held out the vial, shaking it urgently. Cassie exhaled a heavy sigh and took it down in one swig, her lips twisting in a disgusted grimace. Her face began to bubble, hair sweeping down her back and limbs lengthening uncomfortably. Once the transformation was complete, Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked at Cassie with their heads tilted to the side. Cassie raised her eyebrows. "What? Has something gone wrong? Who am I?"