𝔈𝔭𝔦𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢

The two Mortal Queens sat in a small, dark manor hidden deep within the forest. A storm was brewing outside and with the cracks of thunder neither of them kept their voices hushed as they discussed their next move. To over throw Prythian. To destroy Nesta and the Inner Circle. To rule. 

But as one of them paced before another while they panicked over their uncertain future, they were too dimwitted to pay attention to the open window tucked under shadow. 

"We kill Nesta Archeron first. She'd the one who murdered Briallyn" The oldest of the two spat in a frenzy. 

"Might I suggest you take out the High Lord first?" Thalia's voice echoed in the dinning room as she revealed herself out of the darkness, the queen sat on the great oak chair at the head of the table stumbling forward as she ran to the other. 

"Shadowsinger" The enraged queen hissed as Thalia took a seat in the throne, twisting Lie Breaker in her palm while shadows circled high around her. "I see he finally found us" She attempted to hide her fear in her tone but Thalia saw the way she clasped the other queen's hand tightly. 

"Did his High Lord really send a Shadowsinger to kill us off before he could?" The younger of the two found her voice meekly. 

"Actually there's two of us" 

The two queens whipped around to be met with Azriel, his black leathers matching Thalia's as he was cloaked in shadows leaning on the opposite wall. 

The queens stood back to back trapped in the centre of the room, one of the plucking a fork off the dinner table beside them. 

"Don't you come any closer" She warned but it was a pathetic attempt as Azriel and Thalia's shadows surrounded them, slipping across the floor like a black fog. 

Thalia stood up from the chair and took slow steps forward, Azriel doing the same on the other side. 

"So are you going to kneel now or later?" Thalia questioned, flipping her knife in one hand, winking at Azriel from across the floor, her mate pulling out his own blade. 

"We kneel to no one especially not you filthy fae creatures" The braver of the two sneered. 

Thalia gasped and tutted, her face a fake shock of hurt as she held a light palm on her chest before a wicked smirk graced her lips as she looked past her lashes with her head tilted down. 

"I think that was a later" Thalia told Azriel as their shadows slithered up the queen's legs. 

The two of them began to struggle as all candle light from the room was extinguished leaving the four in pitch darkness. And as the storm beyond the house carried on, as the rain pelted down and the rush of wind bit at the forest around, the faint call of screams were smothered. 

Then it was silent in the manor house. Far too silent. All movement had halted, a death sweeping through the wet trees outside. It was as if the air had all of a sudden been ripped from in between space. A great snap sounded, a twist of movement wrapping around nothing, whips of shadows reaching out in ribbons until they were snuffed away in an instant leaving behind only an empty room. 

-----------------------------------

AN 

And thats it. 

If you've made it this far, I'm so thankful for you and hope you enjoyed. Everyone has been so kind and sweet giving me so much support throughout I couldn't ask for better readers. 

I hope you liked Thalia and Azriel's storyline. I tried to keep their enemies to lovers trope right until the very end. 

While their story comes to an end never fear I have more Azriel x original character fics coming soon in the future. So follow for updates or announcements. 

Once again thank you so much for sticking with me throughout all this. 

It means the world.