ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔗𝔴𝔬

AN 

What Thalia and Azriel are wearing for reference

---------------------------------------------------------

 By the time Thalia had begun to get ready the next day, the party was already well and truly under way. The morning had been spent racing with Cassian to see who could fly to the closest mountain the quickest and the rest was followed with Thalia cooping herself up in the darkest parts of the library finding solace in the shadows of the furthest shelves while the bustle of party preparations were under way. 

Mor had dropped by earlier to have a late lunch before heading back to her home after Thalia reassured her she could get ready on her own. But as masterful as her make up skills were, Thalia's hand did shake slightly as she stood in her bathroom applying a dark shadow to her eyes. She was nervous. Thalia had walked into battle, been a slave for demons and fought against Illyrian war lords and yet as she thought about dancing, about seeing Azriel she shook her to the core. 

As Thalia shuffled into her gown she thought through her plan. It was simple in theory. She knew males and she knew what made them want her.

Get him jealous

Make him want you

Show him he can't have you

Make him want you more 

And he won't be able to help but fall in love then break his heart and he'll never want you again

Simple

And the way her reflection stared back at her, she knew it would be easy. Her body was covered in shimmering darkness. The gown had long sleeves her shadows merged into and the front was cut deep diagonally across her torso to her hip where it joined a great slit showing off her long legs. The entire fabric was covered in a dark dust of black glitter, lighter beads of diamond blending between the edge of her dress cut and onto her decolletage. Along with her sleek raven hair and dark make up she was the absolute picture of dark sophistication. Irresistible. 

But as she twisted a crick in her neck a little voice in her head was telling her this was a stupid idea. 

You said at the start of this you wouldn't hurt him and you know fine well Thalia this is the furthest thing from not hurting him. 

She let the thought run ahead. But as she played over the feeling of her mate bond, the way she couldn't bare to stand apart from him she knew ignoring him wasn't an option any more. She needed to break him so he'd realise she wasn't right for him. This was the only way. Even Cass said this was a good idea right?

Thalia didn't let her mind wonder as she left her room and headed toward to noise of the party. 

A series of elegant string instruments welcomed her as she walked through the foyer and into the great room, her shadows spreading out at her command in self defense. While it was her comfort blanket she couldn't help but admit she knew she looked far more intimidating with them curling around her body following behind her like her body was steaming a dark vapor, her black wings tight in behind her.  

Members of the crowd by the double doorway noticed her and slowly moved back as women pulled their men to the side and a sea of people parted to incidentally present her to the room. Feyre had out done herself not only with the dress that hugged Thalia's body but with party. The usually centre huge oak table was nowhere to be seen and the lounge area had been pushed aside to give way to a dance floor. But it was far from Rita's. More like a ball room with a small orchestra playing by the windows that had been opened fully to double the size of the space, just as many people outside dancing with partners and drinking with friends as inside. 

"Mother above Thalia" It was Cassian strutting up to her, Nesta following with a matching smirk as she too took in the Illyrian. "You look-" He searched for the words

Hot?

"Deadly" 

Thalia tried not to smile as his words boosted her ever growing ego as she felt the eyes of others turn to her. 

"Thalia darling finally crawled out of your hole to join us" Rhys laughed as he walked over to greet the group, baby Nyx in his arms. 

She laughed at his description. He'd stopped by her room when she'd come home from her dress fitting after a meeting with Cassian and claimed the tens of books piled around her room among training leathers and clothes made it look more like a witches cave than a bed room. 

"Nice to see you too Rhys" 

The High Lord hummed with a smile as he instructed her to grab a drink and enjoy herself while he tried to contain Nyx who struggled against him. 

"Seriously go have fun I know the concept is foreign to you" He teased just before he lowered his son to the floor and chased after the baby who began in a run across the ball room, his tiny wings sending him somewhat airborne as he bounced about. 

"Look who else is late to the party" Nesta whispered in her ear as she nodded behind her, dragging Cassian away with her as she winked at Thalia. 

Thalia already knew he was there. She could feel him before she could see him. But as she turned, snatching a long glass of something sparkling off a waiters tray, she wasn't prepared for how handsome he looked. It seems Rhys, Nesta and Cass weren't the only ones in on bringing the two mates together. Feyre had chosen Thalia dress to match his suit. 

Azriel stood by the entry way where she was a few minutes earlier in a jet black ensemble looking around as he fixed his cuff. His suit fit him to perfection as his form was covered in a dark jacket, the lapels an almost satin fabric with a matching sash coming out from the inner side to wrap over one side of his chest and around his waist to hang by his side. 

Fuck you Feyre and your impeccable taste. 

Thalia turned around sharply, chugging the liquid before handing it off to some passing boy with another tray while she walked ahead a bit until the last song came to an end and the section of strings flowed into a more seductive twist joined by the rhythm of a slow sensual beat. 

Her stomach flipped as she felt a tap on her shoulder and heard a low voice greet her.

"I didn't think I'd see you here" She turned around to face him.

"Nor you. But I must say I'm glad I did Thalia. Care to dance?"

Her lips upturned in a smirk as she put out her hand lightly for him to grab

"I'd love to Eris"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note

HAHAH did u think it would be Az? lol no

HAHAH did u think it would be Az? lol no. We gotta make my boy jelly

Also thank you for patiently waiting for this chap I had a huge family emergency on Friday thats kind of messed with me a bit and I've been staying at my friends for the weekend butttt not to fear my fae updates will continue probably every day or every other day from now on depending on my motivation

Thank you so much for all the support so far its so funny reading your reactions 

Alsooo if you're still reading this far I am going to begin writing my own contemp romance soon so keep an eye out it's going to be (obviously) enemies to lovers