pocky café(saimatsu)

Saimatsu fluff
Tysm for the request Kittycoco18
In this au, the v3 cast is going to hopespeak, theres no killing game and no despair. Hope you enjoy ^^

Kaede's pow

As I walked home from school, I noticed the cutest café ive ever seen. I have taken the same path everyday but the building here was always empty, but now the cutest café was here instead of just an empty shell of a building.

Excited, I walked inside.

It was bigger than I thought, not many people there though. I noticed there was a cornor at a window with blankets and pockys in a little box, it was all so cute. ' I HAVE to show this to Shuichi, no I NEED to show him!' I thought to myself as I left.

I pulled out my phone to find Shuichis number.

(On the phone)

Kaede: I found the cutest café ever Shuichi! You need to see it! Are you free tmr?

Shuichi: sure! At what time?

Kaede: right after school, its not far away either.

Shuichi: alright, see you there then, I look forward to it Kaede♡

Back to normal

Kaedes pow

Shuichi Saihara's my best friend, since I started on hopes speak I didnt really have any friends, and he didnt either, maybe thats why we became best friends quickly. It wasnt odd to have a boy best friend, a lot of the other students had that. Maki and Kaito are also best friends, but I'm sure they like each other. Miu and Kiibo used to be best friends, but now they're dating. So bassicly its not odd to have a boy best friend, but we're the only ones who's actually just friends.

That left me with a lot of thoughts....

But I quickly got rid of them all as I entered my home, there where homework to do + piano practice.

Shuichis pow

I smiled to myself knowing that tommorow at this time, ill be sitting in a café with my best friend Kaede. She's my 1st best friend ever, of cause I had other friends but not many, and never someone to call a "best friend".

But somehow I was always nervous around Kaede(more nervous than normally), and I had no clue why even though I'm supposed to be the ultimate detective. I would always blush and stutter, my heart would skip a beat whenever we where close, and when she smiled I would feel warm and happy inside.

I wonder why....

I pushed my thoughts away as I started to do homework

TIME SKIP

Shuichi's pow

I packed my books away and ran out of class, Kaede was waiting there. She gave me a big warm smile, and I felt like fainting at that point. "Shuichi you look pale! Is something wrong are you sick?", "no! No!!! I'm fine" I lied and smiled back, or tried to smile back.

"Well anyway, the café is right over there", Kaede said, and took my hand as we started running towards the café.

After 2 minutes of me screaming inside, due to holing hands with Kaede, we finnaly arrived to the café. It wasn't big, but cute and I get why Kaede would like it. "Aw this is so cute, Kaede" I smiled.

Kaede's pow

We sat down on a blanket at the window, next to a pocky box. Shuichi looked nervous, but I thought nothing of it since he always looked nervous anyway, and besides I thought he looked cute. "Should we buy some pocky shuichi?" I asked since it would be weird just sitting in a café, without buying anything. "Sure!" He answered, and took out our wallets.

"Oh" Me and Shuichi sighed at the same time. "I'm sorry Kaede, i'm.. pretty much broke.." Shuichi said and took a look at his empty wallet. "Me too Shuichi" was my responce, and we started laughing. Shuichi's laugh was so cute, it made me blush a little.

"Are you two out of money?" A voice said, me and Shuichi turned around to see where it came from. Standing there was an old lady, smiling at us. "Have this" she sweetly said and pulled out some pocky, she seemed to have just bought. She took out 1 pocky and gave it to us, smiled sweetly and then left us to be alone again.

"...."

I sat there with the pocky in my hand, knowing she only gave us 1 on purpose. I looked over at Shuichi, who was redder than a tomato, and I was sure I was too. "S-so we should share this shouldn’t we" Shuichi managed to get out after a long moment of silence. I took a deep breath, "I-I guess so".

But there was only 1.

Our eyes met and the world froze. Both of us knew what we wanted to do. I placed the pocky in the air between us, my eyes still locked onto Shuichi's.

----

Kaede and Shuichi started eating the pocky, slowly, gazing at each other. Soon enough there wasn't any pocky left, but their mouths where still connected. That's when they both closed their eyes and leaned in.
Oh to be in love with your best friend.

A/N: WHY IS THE ENDING SO CRINGE PLS I NEED TO WORK ON MY ENDINGS I'M SORRY 😭🤚🗿, but I hope you enjoyed anyway 🏃‍♀️ and if you did pls pls pls give it a vote, it keeps me motivated, tysm :) (and sry if theres any spelling mistakes)