"(y/n) (l/n), 1960-

student, (y/n) (l/n) is the best friend you could ever ask for, kind, forgiving, beautiful. (y/n) is most famous for being the brightest witch of the year and being the best friend a person could ever ask for."

You sat there, dazed, did Severus make this? He must have, turning over the card again you saw yourself and smiled. Placing the card down for now you turned to the chocolate frog and took a piece off it, starting to eat. The chocolate and card helped your tears stop, sighing deeply and staring at the wall on the other side of the alcove. Did Severus deserve your forgiveness?

It soon became late and you got up, your legs were slightly stiff and you grabbed the handrail, stretching slightly before walking down the tower, getting back to your dorm, the card tucked into your pocket. As you walked you heard something like crying. Slowly you went toward the sound and opened a storage cupboard. There lying on the ground was Severus, crying, huddled into the corner, he looked up, terrified, he saw you and looked down in shame, whipping his tears away.

"Severus" you murmured.

"It is fine" Severus said quietly, "God, I don't deserve your forgiveness or your friendship"

Your heart broke and you sat next to Severus. He felt so bad for what he had done, shown by his lip trembling and his tear-stained face which he tried to hide from you.

"Do you apologise for what you said?" you asked.

Severus turned and nodded. "Yes, I do" he sighed, looking away. "I don't deserve it"

You sighed. "I will never forget what you said." you murmured. "But I will forgive you"

Severus looked up at you, confused. "But I-"

"Yeah I know" you said. "You messed up and I forgive you, but if you say it again I am allowed to smack you"

"Understood" Severus said quietly.

You both sighed and both whipped your tear-stained cheeks.

"Did you make the card?" you asked suddenly.

"Yeah" Severus said. "I was going to give it to you for your birthday, now I do not have anything for your birthday next week" he looked even more guilty

"It's fine" you said. "Look, I thank you for this"

"I thought it might help to show that I didn't mean what I said to you," he said quietly.

"To be honest it didn't" you said. "But it reminded me that you are my friend, and seeing you cry shows me that you are truly sorry"

"I am" Severus murmured, stretching his legs out and letting them touch the other side of the cupboard.

You opened your mouth to say something but the door was suddenly opened, McGonagall stared down at you and Severus, raising her eyebrows. "Why are you two out of bed?" she asked.

"I-um" you both stuttered.

"Detention now with Hagrid" she said sharply, making you both sigh.

"Gosh this is all your fault Sevvy" you said playfully.

Severus' face fell and you looked worried. "I am joking" you said, linking arms with Severus. "At least we can spend detention together."

"Yes, you both will" McGonagall said again. "I am sure it will be a wonderful bonding exercise for the both of you" McGonagall had known about what happened, being told by Remus who was worried for you. McGonagall had been out looking for you, knowing you were not in bed, worried out of anger and sadness you would do something stupid. She was surprised when she found you and Severus chatting together. She smiled, glad that you had made up, she and the other teachers shipped you and he and McGonagall didn't want to see her favourite student couple split up.

The detention was helping Hagrid chop wood which you did together, talking together while you chopped random bits of wood together with a large axe. By the end of the detention, you were both tired and slowly went back to the castle. You decided to follow Severus and together you entered his single room. Severus flopped down on the bed and looked up at you.

"I- Do you want the bed?" Severus asked. "Or you could get back to your dorm." he frowned, unsure. You flopped on the bed and sighed, Severus slightly panicked, he had always imagined you in his bed, but not after a day of breaking up as friends and getting back together and then having detention together. Severus looked around at you and laid down on the bed. You both looked up at the ceiling and you took Severus' hand. "Thank you for apologising" you said quietly.

"I should thank you on my hands and knees for accepting my apology" Severus said, squeezing your hand. He sighed. "I don't deserve your forgiveness" Severus felt you shift around and felt two arms wrapped around him. He smiled weakly as you sighed.

"You did a mistake, I was angry and sad when you said it, I felt betrayed, never thinking a friend like you would call me that so many others do, just because of my blood status." you said, "But unlike them, you didn't do it out of malice, you didn't say it to hurt and humiliate me. I understand you said it as a mistake, but if you say it again I will fulfil my promise" you threatened.

Severus smiled and slightly moved to look at you. "Thanks" he murmured, tentatively wrapping his arms.

Slowly you both fell asleep, holding each other after a long day full of tears, make ups and chopping wood.