Chapter 8- Bentley's POV

Start from the beginning

"So what do you like to do?" I ask.

"Ride my motorcycle far away from here, shoot guns, throw knives, use my powers. Normal eighteen-year-old crap." She says.

"Do you go to school?" I ask.

"No. I got kicked out when I was seven or eight. I was enrolled in the school for military kids. After this year they will take me back." She says.

"You are some daredevil." I say laughing.

"Girls just wanna have fun!" She says throwing her hands up. "I'm not a preppy rich kid. I am going into the force when I clear my name."

"When you do join the force I will make sure to look you up." I say.

"I'll still be here..." She says. "Stuck on the West. And when the war starts the East will demolish us all. Unless the West has a powerful weapon. We are so concerned with being rich and freaking not looking at something that can destroy us!"

I flinch as she says, "Stuck on the West."

"You are not wrong." I say checking my watch. The funeral starts in an hour. We have been talking for two hours, over the river. The sound of the water running fills us. "I have to go. My father's funeral is happening tomorrow and I have to plan."

"Oh yeah. Good luck, bye." She says. She stands up and puts up her gray hood. Her blue eyes flash at me. Looking around she walks into the dense forest. The last thing I see of her is her black hair.

I get up and walk back to the villa. As I opened the doors all I could hear was the echo of my footsteps. I walk to my room and dress in my red pattern cape and black uniform. I put my gun in my holster. Now I must go to see Veronica's brother. Commander Colton.

I go down to the Commanders dorms and knock on door 43. He opens the door in his uniform.

"Sir." He says, saluting to me.

"So tell me... what happened to your case in assassinating your sister?" I ask.

"At one moment the bullets were firing at her and the next all of our guys were falling out of the tree and their bones were all broken. And we aimed all of our bullets at her and she didn't move yet they all somehow went to the right."

"She should have sold you." I mutter.

"How did you know she was sold? I've never told anyone that." He says.

"Funny story. She was at the masquerade ball. And we got to talking." I say.

"That family that we sent her to actually let her go?" He says.

Hearing that makes me pissed. My eyes flash red. He clutches his chest. Pain. A scar forms on my left arm. "You sent her to? What do you mean you sent her to?"

"The richest, cruelest in the West." He says trying to breathe. "She needed to learn the hard way."

"Learn, why?" I ask.

"Because she could destroy the world." He says. I stop my powers on him.

I wake up the next day. I dress in a black tux and a red cape. Putting my guns in my holsters and my knives on my belt. And I walk out and go down to the funeral. The river mist hits our face. Soldiers and family members are all wearing black. Farren and I are really the closest blood relatives but not the only ones. My cousin, aunt and uncle are all here in their uniforms.

The soldiers closest to my father carry the casket down to the river. My heart skips a beat when I see it. You did this. You killed him. I push those thoughts aside. Nobody knows that. They lay him on the ground as Farren and I walk up. People salute as we walk by. A tear slides down Farren's cheek. We send him away with a drop of blood. Farren takes a dagger out of her pocket and cuts her hand. Blood pools around the cut and she hands the dagger to me. The tip is cold metal and I dig it into the palm of my hand. Blood shows up fast. We both hold out our cut hand and squeeze our blood onto the coffin and repeat the words.

"Let the blood of your bond, bond you with the afterlife." We both say. I will see you in Hello. Dad.

We both get cloth for our hands. Then my cousin, aunt, and uncle step up and do the same rutile. After that is done my stepmom starts with a few words.

"Hank was not perfect. He always had his first wife, Anabelle with him in his heart. I could never be the perfect wife but he didn't care..." She talks but I don't listen. I just stare at the lifeless coffin. Black. Alone.

She stops talking and it's Farrens turn. She walks up to the coffin and turns to us. Her eyes are red and puffy. She has a tissue balled up in her hand.

"Dad always pushes us. Until we broke. I distanced myself from this family since I was 18 and pregnant. He kicked me out. I would see my brother occasionally letting him see my son. My son only knew his grandpa for a year. I thought that Dad would take him to see the stars in Maine as he did with Bentley and me." A tear slides down her cheek. "My son won't remember his grandfather..."

She finishes up and she turns around and puts her pistol and a bullet on the coffin. People gasp at her muttering how disrespectful it is to do that to the dead. She walks beside me and beside her, my aunt hands her a package. She opens it and lets out a muffled sob. Her makeup is smudged and her tears could fill up this whole river. My turn I guess. I walk to the coffin, the grass crunching under my shoes.

"He..." I start to say.

"Was a lying sick son of a bitch who knocked up random girls and paid them to have an abortion." My sister says. She throws the papers in the package onto the coffin.

I pick one up and read what it says.

GIVE TO FARREN AT MY FUNERAL

My dearest daughter, you are a mistake. I paid her to get an abortion but she took the money and left. She never aborted you. She knew I was married and this hookup mistake would ruin my life, but she did not listen. She had you and left you on my doorstep. You are not my first wife's daughter. You are not Bentley's full sister. I live with two aborted children in my head and my heart. I still regret you not being aborted. It ruined my life. You ruined my life. You will always be a mistake in my eyes. A bastard child. As I rot in Hello I hope you see that. And I didn't want you to make the same mistake as I did with Grahm.

From, Dad

"Oh my gosh." I mutter.

My sister laughs slowly. "I'm a freaking mistake! Did you hear that fucking mom! Or Anabelle! Your husband wanted me aborted! I am not your damn child!" John covers Grahm's ears. She grabs her other pistol out of her pocket and pulls the hammer back. She aims at the coffin and squeezes the trigger. She throws the gun down and puts her head in her hands, sobbing. I walk over to her and pull her up by her hands so she is standing. And I whisper the words that my mom used to say to me.

"Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been, to stand up taller than you ever were to fight back for those who have wronged you." I say into her ear.

She stands up straighter and nods to me. I wipe her tears and hold her shoulders.

"No matter what you will always be my sister. Now let's push this coffin to Hello. Okay?" I say.

"Okay." Farren says, running a hand through her hair.

We step by the coffin and grab the black smooth wood. With all of our might, we push it. We push it and it plunges into the water of the cold river.

"No!" My stepmom yells. "Hank!"

We watch the coffin floating down the icy river.

"Goodbye, father." I mutter. "I hope you burn."

"In hell." Farren adds.

"We all know he will." I say. My eyes turn red and fire licks at my fingertips. I close my eyes and when I open them his casket is on fire. A scar forms on my chest. Then a wall of water slams into it and puts the fire out. I look across the river and see Veronica.