Strength

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

This isn't a fanfiction, but more about the storyline of a character.

Devi_005 wanted a scene about Mahnoor, so I decided to write a chapter on her.

Written by: StarsAndMoon1447

***

***

Mahnoor Farukh

With Dua married off, and Zafar Bhai living his own life, I needed to find a path for myself. I wasn't in a rush to get married, and a huge reason behind it was that I knew the financial burden my parents and my big brother would have to face.

So I decided to get a qualification for teaching, and eventually, I ended up as a teacher for class one students. 

I had straightened my hair using Fariha Bhabi's straightener one morning, and was wearing a long cream lace dress that reached my knees, with black tights. Wearing the heart shaped black necklace with an artificial amber on it that Dua had sent to me from Dubai, I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I couldn't stop smiling. My twin sister Dua was coming from Dubai today, to stay with us for a couple of weeks. I'd missed her so much! 

Dua had been married for two years now, and had moved to the UAE with her husband, Kasim Bhai, last year. 

"Mano!" Two-years-old Zaid ran into my room, wobbling on his little legs. 

"Ji, Phupho ki jaan?" I bend down to scoop him up. He looked adorable, with chocolate smeared on his face. "Let me guess, chocolate khake aap Mamma se chup rahe ho na?"

*"Yes, Phupho's sweetheart?"
"Let me guess, after eating chocolate, you're hiding from Mamma, right?" 

He buried his face against my chocolate. He was probably getting chocolate stains over my shirt, but I didn't care. He was my beloved nephew and I loved him more than life itself.

"Zaid!" Bhabi rushed into the room, looking flustered. "Zaid, come here!" 

"No!" He shouted out, shaking his little head.

"Zaid, no, aise nahin baat karte kisi se!" Bhabi walked forward, telling him off gently.

*"You should not talk like that!" 

"Mano!" Zaid looked at me with a pout.

"Chalo, gadi main jaana hai na?" Fariha Bhabi asked him. "Aaajao mere achay bachay. Tayar ho jaao aake."

*"Come on, you want to go in the car, right?"
"Come on, my good boy. Let's get ready." 

"Mamma!" Nine-years-old Saad called out from the hallway. "Can I not stay home? I want to go and pick up Dua Phupho from the airport as well!"

"No, Saad! You already had two sicknesses last month. You must go to school." Fariha Bhabi sighed, glancing over her shoulders.

"Aap un donon ko dekh lain, Bhabi.  Zaidoo ko main tayar kardaiti hoon." I told my brother's wife.

*"You check on them both [Saad & Omar]. I will get Zaidoo ready." 

"Thank you, Mahnoor." She gave me a grateful smile and rushed off to check on Saad and eleven-years-old Omar.