16| Return of the Classics

"Well, heh..."
The security guard scratched the back of his head sheepishly, at a loss of words now that you snapped back at him so suddenly.

"Just, good stories, how this place used to be.. And tales of how you, well, talked to the animatronics.."
As the man spoke to you his voice grew softer and softer as he said so.

"But everyone talks to the animatronics, that's like, what you do."
You frowned at him, not really amused by this conversation, slowly walking away.

The coworker looked back at you as you left, and sighed. As you continued walking out of the room and down another corridor, you heard a faint lullaby or some type of music box playing. Feeling this was suspicious, you decided to investigate further.

You slowly entered the room, seeing a music box playing over and over again. Why did it never stop? Was there a reason? You scanned the room and then approached the music box, turning off a switch that stopped the music, and standing there in the dead silence.

But that silence was interrupted by a rumbling coming from a box, you stepped back a bit into the threshold of the door, grabbing it tightly. What sprang out of the box was the most terrifying thing, it looked like a marionette, some type of puppet, but no strings. But, you assumed you've seen scarier.

You grabbed the puppet by it's head as it tried to attack you, you threw it against the wall and it collapsed, easily defeated. You rolled your eyes and huffed, shoving it back in it's box and turning back on the music. This was probably what kept the stupid thing asleep. Why did they even have a marionette in the first place?

You walked out of the room and back where people were, complaining as to why there was a sleeping marionette in a room by itself.

"The owner wanted it for puppet shows I guess."
Said one security guard. You rolled your eyes, you guessed you just had to ignore the thing for now.

As the night was beginning, and the day was coming to an end, you went back to the repair room with the old animatronics. They still stood in place, completely shut down.

"Let's turn them on, as a test drive."
You murmured to yourself. Locating their switches from behind and turning Freddy on first. Then Bonnie, then Chica.

They all awoke with a popping of bolts and head spins and arm jiggles, looking at each other. These were very special animatronics that still had the kid's souls trapped inside. Once they saw who stood before them, they jumped.

"(Y/n)!"
They all shouted at once, running towards you and looking at you all over, inspecting you like you were some weird art piece.

"Well, how've you rascals been?"
You asked, crossing your arms and tilting your head up to slightly look at them.

"Well, we've been shut down for so many years, are we still at the pizzeria?"
Freddy asked, thankfully you fixed up their voice boxes so they didn't have that awful stutter.

"Looks like it."
Chica replied, glancing around.

"What year is it?"
Bonnie asked, scratching the back of his head.

"Well... Um. You guys have been shut down for three years. The year is 2017... March seventh.."