Chapter |2| A Missing Piece

Start from the beginning

Stunned at what just happened, I slowly turned around to face Tessa. "She just tricked me, didn't she?"

Tessa nodded, blowing out a big breath. "And trust me, you will be there for hours."

I reached across the bed and grabbed the bottle of wine, refilling my glass to the brim. Tessa's stare was fixed on me like a hawk, meticulously watching my every move.

"What?" I blurted out.

"You're sad." She stated. Carefully, I brought my glass to my lips and shrugged.

"How could I possibly be sad? I'm the mother to the most gorgeous baby girl in the entire world, my best friend and brother are about to be married and my boyfriend looks like a sex god."

She raised her finger and pointed at me. "But is he a sex god? That's the real question."

"This is ridiculous, I am not sad." Her joking demeanour vanished, and she squeezed my hand.

"I'm being serious...you don't look like yourself. You look exhausted,"

"That's motherhood."

"And sad,"

"I have to go dress shopping with my mother."

"And heartbroken. You're still heartbroken over him." I had no excuse for that one. I had nothing to say. "It's been over two years now. Is it possible you're still in love with him?"

"Alessi is my future, Anastasia is my future. I have to focus on my future."

"Not if it's killing you. You won't ever be able to move one unless you face your past."

"Well that's just not an option, is it?" The thought of seeing Aaron again, broke my heart all over again.

Because I knew that the moment I did, I would fall for him all over again. I would forget about how much he hurt me, and the damaged state he had left me in. I would forget that I had kept his child from him, a child I would do anything to protect. Protecting Anastasia, meant never seeing Aaron again.

Tessa forced my gaze upwards. "But it is. Kiara, you can tell me anything. I promise I won't judge, but you need a friend and don't say you have Alessi because I know for a fact that he doesn't know anything. I do, I know the good parts, the bad parts, you can talk to me."

"I just don't feel complete anymore, I feel like there's this huge part of me that's missing. Alessi is kind and sweet but...I don't think that's what I want. Tess, I want to be dominated, I want to be someone's submissive but their equal at the same time. I want passion, and intensity and desire. I want to be fucked, and made love to, and have sex that ignited my entire soul into flames. It's only ever been like that with one person, I'm scared it's only ever going to be like that with one person."

"You need Aaron."

"But I can't have him, because I also need love. Anastasia needs love, and if there's one thing that Aaron Black had proved he is incapable of...it's love."

"Maybe he's changed?" I snorted out a laugh.

"No, he hasn't. He never will change, that's the problem. He's a bachelor, always will be. I mean, he's literally New York's playboy. You want a one night stand, you go to Aaron Black." Grabbing my glass of wine, I took a huge swing.  "That's what I did when Tristan left me. I wanted sex, so I went to the one guy I knew wouldn't disappoint me."

"I went to Ghost last week, I saw him." Every hair on my body stood to its end and this overwhelming myriad of feelings hit me all at once. Tessa had seen Aaron, she had been there, the same place she had. To me, that was terrifying.