Chapter six - LOL, we only stranded you in a ditch...

Start from the beginning

As we open the door, a woman walks over. She reminds me a lot of Queen Latifah mixed with Whoopi Goldberg. 

"Hmm, I guess you are the boys that group was talking about."

I rub my temple. "What group?"

"We don't get many customers but we had this group about two or three hours ago, sayin that two boys would come by."

"Did they-?" I begin but she cuts me off.

"Leave your wallet and keys? Yeah, but you can't get service without shoes on."

I slam my palm to my forehead, "They didn't-?"

"No, they didn't leave your shoes," damn it! She smiles genuinely, "I'm sorry, I would give you your wallet but I can't. The policy is strict."

She looks like she thinks for a moment before speaking again, "But, I could do you a deal. You seem honest, how about, you get some shoes, I get you your wallet and you buy some breakfast, we give free coffee."

"Thanks, sounds like a good deal!"

"But," I knew there would be something else... Damn! "You're going to have to prove it’s yours..."

Phew! I thought I had to buy a thousand packets of lollies or something... Its good, I mean, I wouldn't want her just giving away my wallet, what if I was some random? I grab a pair of thongs near the door to buy.

She grabs out a pen and pad, nodding for me to begin. "Ok, first, its black leather," what else? What more is there? "My student ID is in there.... and other cards.... There's a picture of a baby as well."

Kyah looks at me weirdly. This isn't something I want to go into... Looks like I have no choice.... 

She walks away into the back. I stand awkwardly. She comes out a second later with my wallet and shirt. "Now, one of your friends said you have to find her to get your phone," she extends her hand out with my belongings, "that's a beautiful baby by the way."

I smile, "Thanks, guess he takes after me."

She laughs, "Looks like it."

She points to a table and we sit. She hands us menus and walks away. Kyah seems to be throwing daggers at me.

"What was that? Who's the baby?"

I bite my lip, 'Ok, you have to listen to the whole story, it’s not big really...."

He stares harder, "Begin...."

I hold in a laugh, "Well, technically, he's my son, but not really."

"WHAT THE FUCK?!?!"

The lady pops her head out, "Language!"

"Calm down Kyah! It's only biological!"

"Oh, what, so you got some chick pregnant and fucked off?" he yell whispers.

"No! My friend is a lesbian, her and her girlfriend can't have a baby, so I..."

He nods beginning to understand, "So you donated..."

"Not exactly..."

"What did you do then??"

"Well, we were never interested in each other, so it didn't complicate things... We just.... made it happen to save trouble going through agencies and having all the fuss."

"So you two fucked?" he seems angry... CJ was a good thing for the girls. I love him but there's not the whole dad responsibility. I had my reasons for helping Ricki and Hillary.