J Yeah right. Like you would fire me. I rank up more than half your views. Plus, I am much stronger than you, so you don't want to mess with me. Just now

I bite my lip a little harder and swallow hard. This next text was 100% going to set him off.

N Yeah, but I am still your boss, and so I say that your paycheck is suspended... Just now

N FOR A MONTH!!! Just now

I was ready for him to blow. Any second now, he was going to text back the rudest thing he dared. I waited there patiently meanwhile the bubbles do the annoying thing they do. Finally... a ding. I look at the text.

J DUDE WHAT?!? A WHOLE MONTH?!? WHAT THE FLIP DUDE?!? I MIGHT AS WELL JUST QUIT!!! Just now

He left me speechless with the last sentence.

J I MEAN IT IS NOT LIKE YOU CARE ABOUT ME ANYWAY!!! Just now

N I  mean I do care that you are my employee, and I want you to stay. Come on James! Calm down already! It is nothing! Just now

I take a deep breath. "You good?", I hear someone ask. It was the guy I was sitting next to. He had on a cowboy hat, boots, and all that cowboy equipment on. "Oh... y - yeah... I'm fine.", I confirmed to him as I nod my head. "Alright then", he says meanwhile letting out his southern accent into his voice. I intensely look back at the phone.

J NATHAN IT IS NOT NOTHING!!!!!!!! I LIKE GABE AND HE IS MINE AND FOR THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SUSPEND MY PAYCHECK!!!!!!! Just now

I take another deep breath. This text was going to be risky.

N To be fair I am not trying to suspend your paycheck, I am suspending it. Just now

J . Just now

J . Just now

J . Just now

I was pretty sure that "." meant he was speechless.

J You. Just now

J Are. Just now

J Kidding. Just now

J Me!!!!! Just now

I really didn't know if I was actually going to suspend his paycheck or not. I try settling on compromising.

N Can we just compromise instead? Just now

It took him an awful long time to respond, but finally he did.

J By doing what? Just now

N Maybe... I don't know, but... maybe I can go on one date with him -if he wants to go on a date- and then he chooses. Just now

It came up as "read", but James wasn't answering back. Probably has problems with understanding it, my brain concludes. He does have a penny for a brain, it adds. I try draining that last thought. He was pretty smart actually. I was just trying to think of rude things to say to him if he denied the compromise.

J I guess. I mean he is probably, no wait definitely going to choose me over you. Just now

N We will see about that. Just now

With that I put the phone away and enjoy the rest of my flight, which was only another ten minutes. We had been texting for over two hours. I slowly drift into a nap.

10 minutes later....

"Alright ladies and gentlemen we have arrived to our destination!", the driver says through the speaker. "Please get off one at a time. Your luggage will be at-", they continued, but then cut themselves off. I didn't bring any luggage other than my backpack, in which I was holding. It was full of merch and stuff. Basically just shirts and randomized toys, as I didn't get to pack. I get off and meet Preston at the front entrance. We have a small conversation, before he drives me to his house. On the way there I fell asleep. Today was a great day. I had just planned a date with Gabe, my longtime crush. The boys didn't know I was gay, but I am. That was the main reason I broke up with Kayla or moreover she broke up with me. I need to forget her, my brain whispers. I need to remember this date and that is it, it says. It was right, I did need to forget her and remember him.

Chapter: 13
Word Count: 1162

So sorry for slow updates y'all! I am running out of ideas! Feel free to comment ideas!