5.7

Sure Fan Yuan was a man with a big heart, but to what extent?

When the average person loses their memory, they will generally feel confused and often frustrated. Not to mention wanting to find out the cause that landed them in such a situation, their hearts would at least be plagued by many questions.

For example: "What kind of person was I in the past?", "How long have I lived for?", "How did I die?", "Did I have any regrets while I was still alive?", and so on.

But Fan Yuan was not like this. He calmly accepted the fact that he had died and was content that he could continue living on as a soul. In order to ensure that Xiao Wu and himself could live longer, every day, he thought about how to get more energy. As for his lost memory, in the occasion that he remembered it, he would at most let out a deep sigh in lament.

"What's the surprise Sister Yarou is going to give me? I'm really curious ah."

At this point, Xiao Wu was already used to it, although unbeknownst to Fan Yuan, it had already scanned its master's memories when it was bound. Fan Yuan would occasionally talk about the interesting things that happened in his past and deliberately skip the bad ones, especially those concerning his parents. Even though Xiao Wu couldn't figure out the reason, he still cooperated by pretending it didn't know anything.

Dan Yarou was brought up the most within Fan Yuan's stories. To him, she was like a big sister and mother-figure, and most of Fan Yuan's beautiful memories came from her.

In the beginning when he had just started performing missions, Fan Yuan couldn't help but stare dazedly when he saw the female doctor in the white coat. Now, he no longer acted this way, but the hospital was still a special place to him.

Fan Yuan glanced out of the window for a moment before silently turning away, tidying his clothes, and beginning on his work.

It was already past lunch time by the time he finished his operation. Fan Yuan thought this was good as well, with a certain place of his not feeling very comfortable right now; it wasn't suitable for him to eat the dishes sold in the hospital's canteen, he would just drink some water instead.

Nurse Su asked him considerately, "Doctor Shi, it's already past lunch time. We're going to order takeout, is there anything you would like? It'll be more convenient to order together."

Fan Yuan turned to look at her, as well as the several nurses standing behind her. With a small smile, he said, "No need to go through the trouble, someone already brought me lunch."

Nurse Su was stunned by his smile, and just as she was about to ask the meaning behind his words and find out who it was, Fan Yuan had already left.

Several other nurses came up and probed, "Su Rui, who's the person that brought lunch for Doctor Shi? Didn't you say he didn't have a girlfriend? "

Nurse Su pouted aggrievedly, "I don't know which little devil it was, but they sure worked fast!"

Another nurse shook her head, "Pity, pity. There's only one bachelor of such quality in our hospital ah. There's no more hope for us when we go to work anymore."

Another nurse glared at her, "This isn't set in stone yet. Maybe that person was Doctor Shi's family. Let's not start making wild guesses, afterall, Doctor Shi's been single for so long, how can he find a partner so easily?"

Su Rui's eyes were reddened and her cheeks puffed out, "It's most likely some woman. Although Doctor Shi often smiles, his smile just now was different from the ones before. It was clearly one of true happiness."

When the others saw her looking upset to the point of tears, they quickly went forward to comfort her. Grass grew everywhere in the world, although 'Doctor Shi' this kind of grass was a little more precious than others. But when it wasn't yours, it was just not yours, so it was better not to force it.