3.4

In a flash, half a year had passed. Summer had passed and winter had come. The prince's manor had changed to the Imperial Plaque of Duan qinwang not too long ago, and the large, gold plated words shone under the sun.

Pei Qi was the first to be titled as a qinwang, a position higher than that of the other princes and second only to Crown Prince Pei Yu. His power increased very quickly, especially since he received the strong support of the generals. In court, he stood more and more firm, and he naturally became a thorn in the Crown Prince's side. The Crown Prince hated that he couldn't get rid of Pei Qi quickly.

However, the male lead was the male lead after all—the protagonist's halo was simply Heaven-defying. What assassination, what incrimination with planted evidence, what seduction, all of them were useless. The tricks played by the Crown Prince were all washed down the drain. He had paid a huge price in addition to his failed schemes, and could only hug the Emperor's golden thigh while flaunting his strength.

Seeing the plot proceed smoothly in front of his eyes, Fan Yuan still didn't dare to relax. This was the painful lesson the previous world had given him. On one hand, he monitored the movements of the Crown Prince's faction and helped come up with strategies for the male lead. On the other hand, he acted out "Sun Tzu delivers false messages" in front of his father.

Even though his daily life was already extremely busy, he still tried his best to take some time and monitor Pei Qi's movements. Fan Yuan was not afraid that the prince would do anything bad to him, but he was afraid that the male lead would become bent while he wasn't paying attention. That would truly be a great tragedy.

The good thing was that the current male lead daren was pretty normal. The only thing that gave him a headache was that Pei Qi would become a drunken madman from time to time.The frequency of this was so high that it caused Fan Yuan to become extremely worried that the male lead would get alcohol poisoning.

Who would have thought that the Third Prince whom outsiders feared as a Rakshasa demon, was actually a pitiful little thing that was inwardly fragile?! Without any warning, he would want to drink wine and vent his frustrations. Without any warning, he would get drunk. Without any warning, he would act like a drunken madman......It was okay if he acted like a drunken madman, but why did he have to treat him as his mother every time?!

In the beginning, Fan Yuan still felt sorry for him, feeling that this child's life wasn't easy ah—his father didn't dote on him and his mother wasn't there to love him. His siblings all hated him to the point where they wanted him dead, with all kinds of poisoning and framing emerging in an endless stream.

It would be weird if he hasn't a little skewed after growing up in such an environment, and Fan Yuan could now understand why the male lead couldn't forget the female lead for over ten years because of her gift of a meal. Although he was quite the slag to the original host, but which few people did not become slags after becoming Emperor? So he still felt bad for Pei Qi.

However, no matter how tragic the story, what emotions would there be after you listened to the same story a dozen times? Although Pei Qi, this bastard, was pitiful, don't tell him that original host wasn't pitiful? This absolutely couldn't be the reason why that bastard always dragged him along when he drank wine, and proceeded to act like a spoiled child as if he were his mother after getting drunk! Don't you know that your own strength is very big?!

One must know, every time the male lead got drunk, Fan Yuan's neck and waist would be destroyed by his hug. To be a pillow for such a bulky person for an entire night, after that, even standing straight required a lot of effort!

Now the entire Duan qinwang manor thought Pei Qi, that bastard, was a lucky charm. As for Fan Yuan, other than being his advisor, he was also moonlighting as an! Escort! Even the thought of it caused his heart to hurt to the point where he couldn't breathe!