Yan Rui wasn't angry at being vented on. He echoed Fan Yuan like a loyal puppy, "Wait till I go back one of these days, I'll teach them a proper lesson."

Fan Yuan was still unhappy, continuing angrily, "Yuan Song too. What is he trying to play at by being so unrestrained? Shi Yuan has already disappeared. So what if he has thought things through now? Once you let some people slip away, that means you have missed them. There's no second chance."

Yan Rui's heart suddenly ached. He had also let the boy in front of him slip away before. Fortunately, he wasn't a string of data that could disappear at any time, but an immortal soul, which gave Yan Rui the chance to remedy the situation. It was just that the feeling of pain in his heart from that time at the beginning had always lingered in his heart even till now.

Fan Yuan didn't know what the other was thinking of that caused him to suddenly stop. He was silent for a moment, before he hesitated and said, "What I said just now wasn't completely right. The rules can't be defied, so the people in the plot have no other way but to accept fate, so I can't completely blame Yuan Song. I just lost my head and uttered nonsense.........."

He didn't want to mention certain things, so he could only explain clumsily and try to make Yan Rui understand his meaning.

Yan Rui's dark eyes gazed straight at him. The only feeling he felt was that his heart was slowly being wrapped in flames, feeling warm to the point of feeling burned. This feeling was strange, yet unexpectedly nostalgic.

He stretched out his arm and scooped a certain little fellow who was still going on and on into his arms. He placed his chin on top of his head and sighed, "You can blame me, hate me, but just don't let me lose you again."

Fan Yuan obediently leaned on his chest and did not answer, simply shutting his eyes slowly.

He didn't tell Yan Rui this, but in that world, the luckiest and most grateful thing for him was that he met Gao Yu.

Though the memory of that cold and resolute back had given rise to his inner demons, but from the beginning to the end, he could never blame him, let alone hate him.

It was just that he was a man. Such irrational words couldn't be frankly announced after all. Just wait more ba, just wait a little more.......

Yan Rui saw that he had inadvertently fallen into a deep sleep, and his eyebrows became more gentle. He pulled up a quilt to cover Fan Yuan, then got out of bed and switched off the light.

※※※

The next morning, Fan Yuan sat at the dining table idly while flipping through the news. He flipped through "Strange Occurrences", "Society's Focus", and even searched for supernatural events. Though he didn't know what kind of magic tricks Yan Rui pulled last night, it was quite shocking that not a single thing was seen, one really had to take their hat off to him.

When Yan Rui served up breakfast, his face once again went 囧. Even the milk cups were a lovers set. This guy was really......considerate right down to the most trivial detail!

Last night, he was so tired that he was bathed directly by Yan Rui and tucked into the bed. Naturally, he didn't notice the changes within his apartment. This morning, he got the fright of his life.

All the appliances in the house had been changed and replaced with lovers' items. Toothbrushes, cups and towels need not be mentioned. Pajamas, slippers and pillows were still understandable, but even the dishes, chopsticks and spoons were in couple pairs? You bastard, did ya ever think about what to do if a guest came over?!

He picked up the glass of milk and took a big sip with a loud 'gulp, gulp' while restraining the impulse to frown. What was up with this setting of 'a glass of milk a day'? Why did the original host have such a strange habit!