“Why me?” She laughed and looked at me like I was stupid.

“You live with him. Duh.” I stood about to kick her out.

“Look, okay. I’ve seen you and his friends hanging out,. They’ve never laughed or talked to me like they do with you. You have a better chance at truly finding out.” She dug into her purse and pulled out a piece of paper. “Here, I’m throwing a party. You guys should come, my parties are really awesome.” With one more flip of her hair she walked out of the room, without so much of a goodbye.

        *            *            *

Arsen walked in later, with all the guys. Dustin came and sat on the couch next to me. I squeezed his hand letting him know that I was fine.

“You feeling better?” Crooks said sitting on my other side. Cage leaned against my legs, snoring away already and Eight sat on the floor while Arsen pulled up a chair to straddle.

    “I feel like I’m a mom or something, and all my baby boys are checking up on me.” I cooed looking purposefully at Crooks. They all laughed and playfully hit me. All of them except Arsen and Cage. Cage because he was sleeping. Arsen was looking at me with this intense stare that I couldn’t seem to look away from.

    Somebody cleared their throat and I looked away from him.

    “So what’s up for Saturday?” My jaw dropped.

    “We haven’t even gotten through this week and you’re planning Saturday?” Eight shrugged.

    “Gotta live it up.” I laughed and pulled out the paper that Cheri gave me.

    “Well, looks like Drama Queen is having a party.” They all looked at me and laughed. “Wanna go?” This made them laugh really hard.

    “Oh man Lil C, you are really funny.” I gave them my dead serious face and they all stopped.

    “No.” I looked over at Dustin who had said it.

    “No way, we are not going to Cheri’s party.” I pouted.

    “C’mon we were invited, it’s rude not to accept an invitation.” I said in a sing song voice.

    “Celine, it’s nice that you think we care about being rude.” Arsen said. I groaned and looked at him, sticking my tongue out.

    “Fine, i’ll go by myself.” I said walking in my room and closing the door.

    There was a knock a few minutes later. I walked over and opened it only to find Arsen.

    “What?” I asked.

    “I don’t think you should go.” He said. I crossed my arms.

    “Why not?” He smirked.

    “Because it’s Cheri’s party.” I shook my head.

    “So? It’s my first party, and I’ll be going and you won’t change my mind.” I closed the door in his face and went to start on some homework.

            *                *                    *

    Saturday was getting closer and closer and I still didn’t know what to wear. I bumped into Shelly and she smiled waving at me. I couldn’t help but smile back because, well, I was really excited to see her. She was my best friend.