Chapter 8 | 'Don't go away'

There was a deep silence in the house.

There was darkness in each room, there was only one light source throughout the building. - Yibo's room. Sitting on the bed, Yibo thought of what Zhan had said. It echoed in his mind over and over again. As a result, he began to cry again..Then made a decision.

He got up, went into the bathroom, washed his face and went back to the room to write a letter. After he finished, Yibo placed the sheet on the bedside table, placed on it the necklace he had previously found in the woods, and then folded down the other side of the sheet.

 After he finished, Yibo placed the sheet on the bedside table, placed on it the necklace he had previously found in the woods, and then folded down the other side of the sheet

Then he packed everything that was important in a smaller backpack, he picked it up on his back, and silently slipped out of the room and hurried down the stairs. Yibo carefully opened the front door but did not move. He began to hesitate as to what he would do to make a really good decision. But no matter how much his brain shouted, 'this is bad, don't go away!', Yibo finally listened to the whisper of his aching heart, bleeding from fresh pain. He sighed and stepped out the door. The cold air blew into his face.

-------------------------------

Yibo's life has never been easy or good. He lost his parents at barely a few years old, and his step-parents never loved him, never cared for him, and since he had no brother, he was left completely alone in a dark, cold world waiting for him to give up and crush Yibo to pieces. This nightmare for Yibo ended, when he met Zhan.

Zhan saved him several times, Zhan took care of him, and Zhan gave light to his life and love to his heart. Yibo finally felt alive next to Zhan, seeing the colors again in the world, he had hitherto thought gray.

But last night it vanished in the air in no time. Everything that was important to Yibo burned to ashes in seconds...Zhan was the one Yibo wanted to live for, he was the soul of Yibo, but without Zhan, nothing mattered to Yibo anymore - neither his safety nor his life.

Yibo decided to run away rather than let anyone drag him back to the hell, he got out of. He didn't care if he was in danger somewhere in the woods again - he had nothing left to lose, Yibo just wanted to disappear. He didn't know where to go, but he was so sure he didn't want to go back to his step-parents anymore.

-------------------------------

While walking in the woods, his instincts kept saying, even signaling, 'he's not alone, someone is watching him', but that didn't interest Yibo and kept his slow pace the same way. After a walk of almost hours, he stopped when he reached a ruined building. The crumbling walls were covered with moss and various plants, some of the remaining windows were dusty and broken, while elsewhere they were missing. Yibo threw his bag in one of the corners and sat down on the floor, pulling his legs up to his chest and hugging him with his hands. He rested his head on his knees and sat there in silence for minutes. Yibo let the feeling of loneliness and depression seize him.