Chapter 4 | Old bond, old friend

The werewolf made his footsteps carefully as he walked the path, making sure to carry Zhan home safely, who had not woken up since. Yibo walked silently beside him.

As soon as they came out of the trees and arrived at the house, Mr. Xiao stepped out the front door. He looked at them in shock, not saying a word when they were a few meters away from the man. Mr Xiao knew if the werewolf had contacted Yibo, it meant something bad had happened. The werewolf stepped slightly to the side on his front legs, his gaze fixed on Yibo, who began to tremble a little.

Long ago, when Yibo had been with Zhan for months, Mr. Xiao was mysterious, aloof, cold and hard with him, but he never saw him rage, howl or shout. Mr Xiao was an example of a strict and hard parent in Yibo's eyes. But now, after the man saw his son, his shocked face changed in a matter of moments. The rage radiating from his eyes as he approached them would have been able to kill anyone. Yibo feared that Mr. Xiao although he had always been able to control himself, now he would not be able to contain his anger.

Mr. Xiao stopped in front of them, staring at Yibo with his dark red eyes, who looked back at him wordlessly. He felt like a prey cornered by a hungry and furious beast. The man finally broke the silence.

"Yibo, go into the house immediately, clean your wounds ... I'll go after you soon."

Yibo said nothing, just nodded and walked away. Mr. Xiao remained motionless, waiting until he heard the sound of the door closing behind him. Then he looked at the werewolf and took his son off the creature's back, laid zhan on the ground while hugging his shoulder with one hand.

"That was the bastard, wasn't it? He was the one who hurt Yibo too?" - he asked softly.

The wolf nodded. Mr. Xiao thought for a while, then continued.

"Stay nearby for now, in case he tries to come here again. I'll be right back. I'll keep an eye on Zhan until I find some more durable solution, and you'll take care of Yibo."

The wolf nodded again and looked at Zhan. The man, seeing the wolf's worried glances, continued.

"If the situation gets worse, the plan will change. Stay prepared."

Mr. Xiao raised his son and he nodded as the wolf set off on the path, back into the trees.

Mr. Xiao dragged his son into his room, laid him on the bed and hurried to the kitchen to help clean and bandage Yibo's wound.

"Uhm, ... Mr. Xiao, let me explain ... I ...."

"Silence," he said firmly, not looking up.

After Mr. Xiao finished bandaging Yibo's wound, he grabbed the first aid kit and walked to the bathroom, then stepped out with a rag in his hand and went upstairs, but stopped at the first step of the stairs.

"Go to the living room and wait there. I'll be right there," he said without looking at Yibo and walking up the stairs.

 I'll be right there," he said without looking at Yibo and walking up the stairs