Chapter 6 | Time does not heal anything ( Part 1 )

Yibo sat speechless on one side of the couch, not far from Zhan. Mr. Xiao held Zhan's sketchbook in his hand, then a sudden one tore the dark drawing out of it and tossed the notebook on the table. He crumpled the sheet in his hand as he stepped toward the stove and threw the crumpled paper into the fire. Meanwhile, Zhan watched him all the way. Mr. Xiao took a big sigh after seeing the paper burn almost completely and then turned to his son.

"Would you finally tell me, son, when you wanted to tell me this? That you saw someone in your vision?"

"I would have said that, I swear. But the problem is that even I don't remember when I drew this at all... I know this sounds crazy and hard to believe, but it's the truth.. I only saw this drawing today when Yibo showed it to me." Zhan turned to Yibo with a sincere look.

Yibo was about to tell him something, but by then Zhan turned back to his father, "Dad, you have to believe me, I'm telling the truth."

"Son.. If you really don't remember that, it means that your vision may have come when you had the pencil and notebook in your hand, or ... your inner demon began to wake up."

"Which of the two is more likely?" Yibo asked worriedly.

"Unfortunately I can't say that yet. But neither means good. Neither his vision nor his demon ..."

"And what about this weird sleepwalking? That, according to Yibo, I just walked into the woods, and when he tried to catch up with me, I disappeared. What does that mean?"

"Maybe your demon has managed to gain control of you ... and if that's true, the only question is how he succeeded and what triggers it? ... How much do you remember Zhan from today?"

"Not too much of everything, my head still hurts ... everything fogged up after I stepped away from the table in my room to look through my sketches. All I could see was standing in a thick cloud of fog, I heard the crackle of fire. but wherever I turned, I saw the flames nowhere, I just heard them. However, when I was just taking a step, someone in the distance exclaimed. I looked in all directions but saw no one. as if a ghost was leveling up, the voice seemed louder and louder. then I recovered while lying in my bed, and Yibo sat in a chair next to my bed. "

"All this confirms that the day of your transformation is coming soon ..."

"And how much time is left until then?" Zhan asked

"I'm afraid not much ... less than a week ... just a few days. so from now on you have to pay attention to always stay calm, try to control yourself, your feelings. Stop drawing if you feel weak or dizzy, tell me right away. You cannot leave the house alone. Did you understand?

"Yes, Dad.

"And now follow me, there's something i want to show you. Yibo, until then please stay here.

Yibo just nodded. Mr. Xiao walked with his son to his office.

--------------------------------------------------

Yibo stayed in the living room, while Zhan and Mr. Xiao went upstairs after their conversation. He stood in front of a window that filled the entire wall. Minutes passed before Zhan returned to the room and stopped next to Yibo,.. but did not look back at Yibo.

"Are you okay?" Yibo asked, breaking the silence.

"Not really. Even though my fever broke out, I still feel like I'm on fire ... But at least it's good to know that now my visions will be more frequent and I'll be like a zombie more than once," He said with a slight smile, relieving the tension.

"Did your father say anything else about this?" Yibo asked

"No. He just said the same thing he had done just half an hour ago. I always try to stay calm if I have a vision or if I don't feel good, tell him. Nothing more... huh, it's like I'm a hot-headed dying person, right?"

"This is not funny."

"Whatever..." Zhan rolled his eyes, then turned away from Yibo.

"Zhan... Then you really don't remember anything?"

"You're starting again, Yibo? I don't remember what you said. Nothing at all, okay? Neither I leave the house nor what I did in the woods. But why are you asking this again? I've said this before after I woke up and Dad he began to ask."

"I'm just trying to figure out exactly what happened then, what controlled you, you know ... outside of your demon."

"Didn't you think there was no answer to that other than what Dad said and I was slowly going to be a monster?"

"He didn't say that, Zhan."

"Listen, I don't feel like talking about this anymore, okay? It just causes a headache that isn't missing anyway." Zhan turned and sat down on the couch, then started reading the book his father had given him before.

--------------------------------------------------

I apologize for the break of more than 1 month... 🥺🥺

This chapter got a little longer, so I decided to split it in two...

but a sequel is coming soon, even this week... ✨

------------

I'm sorry for the mistakes ... I'll try to fix them.

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked it! 💜..And if it's worth the sequel, please vote.

Have a nice day! 🤍🌸