"You heard me. I learned from Connor's agreement. It's a win-win solution for both parties. Both have their own benefits. Then, I thought why not we do the same thing." Seeing a confused Emma, ​​Ashton continued, "Kayden needs a mother's care and affection. I know from birth he really wants that. And I can't give that to him. Almost all the women I meet also can't give that to him. Simply put, these women have hidden intentions. Kayden knows that. That's why he doesn't stick easily with any woman. "

"You just haven't met the woman." Emma dodged nervously. She could guess where this was going.

"Now I've met the woman." Ashton grinned.

"Why me?" Emma's lips trembled with anxiety. "I also have hidden intentions."

Ashton chuckled. "Kayden isn't easy to call a woman, mama." He leaned forward and then crossed his arms. "and I trust Kayden's intuition."

"Still, it doesn't have to be me, right?" Emma pouted. She felt annoyed being cornered.

Ashton sighed. "Listen. I just want a mother figure for Kayden and for Kayden you are the closest person to mother. We can stay in this relationship until you and Kayden have enough. I'll give you what you want, money, status. You name it."

"Aren't you afraid to play with your child's feelings? You paid me to become a mother to Kayden. What's the difference between me and your babysitter?" Emma sounded skeptical. Somehow, she felt hurt.

"I know, they are different. Kayden knows that too." Ashton stared at Emma and emphasized. "I'll do anything for my son."

Ashton saw Emma hesitating and wanting to step back, adding, "You get Connor's contract and marry me or I am exposed to the mass media Connor's contract marriage. You choose."

"How can you do this to me?" Emma was frustrated. She tugged at the napkin in her hand in annoyance.

"I do what works in my favor." Ashton said firmly. "I want to hear your answer after you are done with your meal. I don't want to wait long because women usually like to change their minds."

Emma lowered her head and started eating her food. Both of them were silent thinking deep in their own thoughts. Emma started thinking about the good and the bad of the two of them getting married.

"You said I would get anything from you other than Connor's contract, right?" seeing Ashton nod, Emma hesitantly continued, "What if I want a child?"

Ashton put down the fork elegantly. He frowned for a moment then answered. "Yes. I said I will give you whatever you want, be it money or status. But, Kayden is still mine. Kayden custody is completely up to me." Ashton was about to add but was silent for a moment after seeing Emma's confused face. As if enlightened, Ashton said, "Ah ... you mean, you want my sperm."

Hearing Ashton's statement, Emma, ​​who was drinking, immediately spat out her drink. Ashton grimaced. He gave a napkin to her to clean her up.

Emma glanced up at Ashton. "Hey, I'm trying to be realistic here. We're both getting married. You must already know that I'm an orphan. When our marriage has to end, I don't want to be alone."

Ashton fell silent. His frown deepened. his face didn't seem too happy with what Emma said.

Emma took a deep breath. "I promise I won't mess up Kayden's life as your successor. I just want to have a child. You want to be in your child's life or not, it's up to you. I promise, I won't mess up everything."

"You sound so desperate for a child. It sounds like you want to live with me forever." Ashton concluded.

"I'm not that crazy to continue living with a man who doesn't love me. Because I'm not sure I won't like you forever. At one point, we will have a bond. I've always believed that happiness doesn't depend on other people but myself." Emma emphasized. " I will marry you and get Connor's contract. I will also get a child from you either by AI or by conventional means. After our marriage is over, I'm going to get out of your life and Kayden. I also won't ask for an inheritance for my child. Just give me full custody of my child. I can take care of the rest."

Ashton cleared his throat. "So you agreed to marry me?"

"So you agree with my request about a child?" Emma asked again.

Ashton laughed. They both understood each other's meaning. Emma was amazed at the laughing Ashton. His face looked bright and there were two dimples appearing on both his cheeks. Her chest was pounding and her cheeks felt hot.

Ashton cleared his throat. He realized that she was a strong opponent. She could turn the tide. "Now I know why Connor praises you so much. You're good at negotiations." Emma grinned nervously. He said, "Let's get married this weekend before I change my mind."

"I hope you change your mind," Emma grumbled softly.

"What?" Ashton looked at Emma.

"It is nothing?" Emma smiled stiffly.

"You make our marriage contract then we discuss it tomorrow night during dinner. I hope we can finalize it tomorrow." Ashton pointed to Emma's plate. "Finish your meal after that I'll take you home."