" Okay. I can do it." Without hesitation, Emma dialed Ashton Kings' number and made a call.

*****

Emma sat on one of the tables of a five-star restaurant called 'Dines Upper'. Ashton Kings wanted to meet her there tonight. Emma could imagine the look on Ashton's face talking to her on the phone. She thought, 'Ashton must find it funny. We will never meet again? Yeah, whatever.'

"Everything will be OK!" Emma repeated the spell while playing with the napkin. She looked at her watch many times. Time seemed to be running very slowly for her.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." His deep, sexy, and oddly soothing voice was familiar to Emma's ears.

Emma lifted her head and saw Ashton smiling faintly at her. Nervously, Emma stood up and smiled stiffly. She invited Ashton to sit down and then she sat back down. She nodded, "Mr. Kings."

"Did you order something?" asked Ashton. Seeing Emma shaking her head, Ashton called the waiter. They ordered and soon the food came.

"Take it easy, Clarke." Looking at nervous Emma, Ashton chuckled. "I won't kill you."

Emma smiled wryly. She coughed and sipped her drink. "Mr. Kings, regarding the contract I talked about on the phone, may I request it back?"

"Contract?" Ashton looked thoughtful then he smirked, then he took out a document from his briefcase. "Did you mean this contract?"

Emma saw a blue cover document with a gold border, in the middle there was a picture of a cupid and the initials C&A. She swallowed and nodded. 

"Yes." she whispered.

"I found the contract documents among the business documents of the agreement you gave me. If Connor Miller knew about this, you know what would happen. This will be big news. Do you know the consequences?" Seeing Emma nodding with a pale face and cold sweat, Ashton felt sorry for the woman. "It seems obvious that it happened because of your negligence at work, Emma Clarke."

"Yes, Mr. Kings. It's my fault." Emma admitted hoarsely. She looked down guiltily.

Ashton sighed. "Hey, Clarke. Look at me."

Emma caught Ashton's eyes. His hazel eyes looked pretty and deep. She could read the interest in his eyes as well as curiosity. Ashton fixed at Emma's green eyes. He could see guilt, fear, honesty, and a little admiration in her eyes. But clearly, he saw no intention hidden in her green eyes. She looked innocent and weak. His heart was tickled to tease her. They looked at each other in daze.

Ashton looked away and cleared his throat. "So, you want this document back?"

Waking up from her reverie, Emma nodded. "Absolutely, sir." Seeing Ashton frowning as if he was thinking about something, Emma added. "What do you want, sir? I will pay for your kindness."

Ashton grinned as if he knew he was waiting for that sentence to come out of Emma's mouth. "Why don't you make one more marriage contract document?"

Emma widened her eyes. She stammered, "I'm sorry, what?"

Ashton fell silent. He thought again with his words that spontaneously left his mouth without even thinking about it. He nodded vaguely and said casually, "how about you make one more marriage contract document?" Seeing Emma who didn't know what to say and sat like a rock, Ashton nodded confidently. "Yeah. Let's make one more. The contract marriage document between you and me."

"WHAT?!" Emma shrieked loudly and stood up.

The restaurant was quiet. Sensing she was the center of attention, Emma sat back stiffly. Ashton smiled faintly. He leaned back and crossed his legs in a relaxed manner.