Come Home to Me

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Touya!" Shoto tried to gage how close Dabi was, feeling both desperation and determination with each passing floor.

"C-closer..."

It was on the 21st floor where the flames had died down, but in their place was a trail of blood staining the blue-grey office carpet, as if someone had been dragged or dragged themselves across it. A meeting room had its glass blown out, the blinds hanging loose and light crashed onto the oak desk. In front of it, was Dabi, leaning back against the wood whilst holding a hand against his side.

"Touya." He breathed out, a sheet of ice dulling the flames yet avoiding the Villain.

Shoto ran over and knelt down by Dabi, assessing him for any more injuries before looking at the most pressing one. There was so much blood it was likely Dabi was holding parts of his organs in, and the stickiness running down his hands was turning the carpet a deep, maroon red.

"Can I...?" He asked, hesitantly.

"Go ahead kid, not gonna do much anyways."

Shoto arranged them so that he was almost cradling Dabi, jet black hair with pure white peeking underneath resting against his torso. He slowly pulled the scarred hand away, wanting to freeze the wound or use his fire to cauterise it, but his chest clenched at the amount of extra pain that would put on Dabi.

So, he looks down with a tired smile, finally letting the tears that had been welling up for hours slowly drip down his face, some landing onto the rough purple skin beneath him. His voice cracked when he used it:

"I found you."

"Hey lil' bro." Dabi returned weakly. "Long time no see-" He broke off into another coughing fit, one that left him hoarse for breath.

"Hey, hey Touya. Please look at me, keep breathing. Please I-"

"Sho-"

"Please don't go. Come home. Y-you can't leave me again."

Dabi just smiled weakly, as much as he could manage without tearing the staples in his cheeks, and if his tear ducts weren't burnt he would be crying too, the familiar burning at the back of his eyes bringing back too many memories, perfect and painful.

"You've-" Dabi paused for breath, "You've grown so much. I'm so- so proud... Gonna be 'n amazing hero..."

"And you're going to be there to see it. Please Touya, I-I need you... Mother, she-" His tears blurred his vision, but the trademark aqua blue eyes shone through the dark haze around them; Dabi's coughing got worse, until drops of blood were spilling down his chin, a small river like the one on his side.

"Sorry Sho, but I think this is the end... Was fun y'know, seein' you grow... I love you, always have, never... never forget. Mother... tell mother I-

"Touya, no-"

"I love-"

"No, Touya please!"

"Love her."

"Please, stay awake. No, don't close your eyes, don't... please..."

Shoto's words trailed off into heart-wrenching cries as he watched the light fade from his brother's eyes, the hand holding his wound falling lifelessly to the ground. He begged and pleaded for him to wake, for him to be okay, for him to come and see mother and Fuyumi and Natsuo, to come back to them, to-

"Touya. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry!"

This, everything was all his fault. If he hadn't been born with his gifts, if he had seen the dreams and desperations of his brother, then maybe Touya wouldn't have died on that hill. Maybe Dabi would have never existed and they both could have been heroes together. Nobody had to die, nobody had to get hurt.