Todoroki is a Girl?!

TRIGGER WARNING: suffocating, perverts

THEMES: angst, fluff, Shoto x Class 1A

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Take the left!"

Todoroki followed Momo's command and headed left with Shoji, using his ice to speed around the buildings and close in on the villain from up ahead. They were a minor villain, quirk unknown, but had carried out 4 robberies in under a month; so when she appeared during their work study patrol they were told to take her down. 

As second year students, Class A had been through a lot of difficult trials. From internships, gaining their provisional licenses, to attack after attack from a wide range of villains. So a minor villain like this shouldn't be too difficult. Their class were all patrolling in the same area - Aizawa saying something about improving their teamwork - so they had range, speed, strength and strategy on their side. The villain was good, but they were better.

"Turn down this alleyway." Shoji said, using his quirk to track the location of the villain. "We can intercept her at the other end of the block."

"On it."

And sure enough, seconds later Shoto had one ice wall and one flaming hand blocking the villain's escape. She screeched to a halt, unable to escape as Iida appeared on the right, Mina on the left and Ochako from above. Their other classmates not far behind.

"You're under arrest villain!" Iida exclaimed. "Your villainy will be no more!"

"Villainy?" the robber questioned dramatically before she drew her lips into a wide grin. "Why, I've not even done anything yet! Let's see..." she mused, one pointy finger resting against her chin, "let's see how you deal with this!"

With a loud cackle, she snapped her fingers and a ripple spread through the air, making Todoroki feel tingles over the back of his neck. They were confused as to what the villain had done until the ice wall ahead of them fell down, small fractures scattering across the ground, and the simmering flames vanished. Turning to look at Todoroki, their eyes widened as they watched him slowly lift a hand to his throat, frowning before he collapsed to the ground. Shoji caught him, holding him by his side whilst trying to figure out what was wrong.

"Can you feel the air thinning? Isn't is just delightful?!"

Under his mask, Shoji grimaced at the raspy gasps for breath that came from Todoroki, only his enhanced sense of hearing assuring him that his classmate was still breathing. But he was now even more limp that before, heart beat rising as his body tried to pump oxygen around itself, and a sense of drowsiness around him.

Worried for their classmate they charged at the villain, hoping to take her down quickly and disable her quirk. They weren't close enough to know what was wrong exactly, but from the erratic movement in Shoji's eyes as he scanned for help they knew it was serious. 

But those few moments to rest let the villain recharge, and she was once again at full capacity as she used excellent agility to move between the students, dodging most of their attacks. Then, using their training of working together they managed to once again corner the robber: Kirishima holding her against the wall whilst Uraraka dropped debris around them forming a cage. 

Jirou came running a moment later, Aizawa a step behind her. He saw his students were divided between the captured villain and another commotion further up the street. Once he was certain the villain was detained by the arriving cops, he swung over to his other students.

"Is he okay?"

"Is he not breathing?!"

"Oh no, Todoroki!"