911 what's your emergency?

Warnings: a bit sad, mentions of death.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"Nothing really major."

"Sir, you do realize this is an emergency hot-line."

"Yes I do, that's why I called. Isn't Spider-man allowed to call 911."

"Sir this better not be a prank."

"What would you tell someone who had given up on life."

"...I would tell them that dying wasn't the best-"

"No. I don't mean someone who wants to commit suicide, no. I mean someone who has given up on life. They don't care if they live or die but they wouldn't commit suicide since they desperately want someone to save them from the darkness they've fallen into."

"...Um...I would tell them to think about their family, friends-"

"What if they had lost all their family members and instead of friends they had bullies."

"Then I would tell them to think about all the people who need them, although sometimes they don't know they need them. If you are Spider-man then we both know that the people of the city need you."

"I'm a menace, a monster. I killed a guy when he tried to attack me. They don't need me."

"That the problem with this society these days. We tend to believe what others think of us whether true or false. The city only calls you a monster because they're afraid of you."

"How can they be afraid of me, I protect them."

"Yes you do. Just last month you took down Doc Oc and Electro on the same day. That kind of power is feared. That fear has clouded their judgment. Take it like this; a snake has enough venom to kill an adult for this we fear snakes. Humans can kill snakes without using much strength so snakes fear us. But if a person steps on the tail of a snake the snake will obviously counter that by biting them. Society needs an enemy so they automatically blame the snake. To the snake it was just self defense. In this situation you're the snake."

"But you weren't there. I killed a guy."

"Why don't you tell me what happened."

"...I was saving this lady from getting robbed. I didn't see the other guy in the shadows. I webbed the criminal and I heard someone coming at me with a knife. He couldn't have been older than sixteen. I turned around and when I saw him I.."

"You what? What happened Spider-man?"

"I saw the person who killed my uncle. It obviously wasn't him, I knew that but I...I was so scared I acted off instinct. I kicked him in the chest and I only realized that- that I had used too much strength when it was too late. His head hit the wall...There was blood coming out of his head I tried to save him but it was too late."

"It was an accident. You were scared and you were trying to protect yourself, it's normal human nature."

"Except I'm a hero! I'm supposed to be better. I'm supposed to save people not kill them."

"Have you ever thought about it."

"What?"

"Killing the villains you face."

"...I...Yes I have. But I would never do that. I'm not gonna play god and decide who lives or dies."

"That answer proves that you are a hero. Not a menace and not a monster but some kid who juggles school and protecting the city."

"What do you mean by school I'm all grown up."

"Not my first rodeo kid."

"How did you know?"

"First you said, 'instead of friends they have bullies', adults would have said enemies. When you were telling me about that kid you talked about him like he was your age mate."

"Okay, I should work on that."

"Yeah, you should."

"...There's this guy in school who says mean things to me and some times beats me up. Every time he hits me I can tell he's trying to burn through the anger and hatred inside him. I think...I think his parents abuse him but I can't really be sure and I don't want to assume something wrong-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there before you start rambling. How about you try and talk to him; it might be hard but the key is-"

"To never give up."

"Yes."

"Thanks 911 operator. You've really helped me, you guys don't get enough credit for what you do. I have to go now, the Avengers have come for their daily night of attempted arrest."

"Okay. Just remember what I said. Goodbye Spider-man."

793: words.