Meet Madhushree.....

Start from the beginning

At present

Knock......Knock. Came the sound from the door. A young, handsome man attempting to fasten his shoe laces, heard the rapping on the door. He sighed.
"I wonder if human race is an example of retrogressive evolution......when you have a doorbell and opt to knock!!!!" he muttered striding to the door and unlocking it. He pulled the door open only to discover a familiar person beaming at the door.
"Deepali, do you have any idea that we have a doorbell installed precisely for the people outside...." Mohan said folding his decently muscled arms. Deepali grinned.
"But I like knocking......" she said grinning madly. Mohan rolled his eyes and ushered her inside.
"Where is my bestie??? " asked she fixing her glasses. Mohan stacked his files together and prepared his office suitcase.
"In her room....." he replied without even looking and she nodded. She strode towards her best friend's room and rapped fervently at the door. Within a second she heard her feeble reply and she went inside. And that's when she came face to face with her astonishingly beautiful best friend. She sighed at the sight of her. Although she sees her everyday yet she can't help but get surprised everytime she looks at her beauty, her pure milky white skin, small eyes, long pointed nose, pink full lips, waist long hairs, fragile figure and lastly that adorable innocence on her beautiful face.
"How are you my Cinderella, my Snow White, Belle, Aurora.........is there any other princess left??? " she said unsure and madhushree chuckled.
"Yes one, Deepali Senon!!!" madhushree said softly. Deepali giggled.
"Madhu, hurry up let's leave for the college already. It's our first day and I don't wanna be late........and you are not applying that nasty ink on yourself anymore. I don't want you to hide yourself from the world, you aren't a thief or murderer after all!!" Deepali told her. She smiled and nodded.
"Yes Deepu, I don't want to ink myself anymore. I will come like this.......the way I am, the way God made me...." madhushree said and Deepali grinned.
"Yes my lady and I shall serve as your bodyguard. I will protect you....." Deepali stated and madhushree giggled. Both the girls then helped packing madhushree's college bag.
"Well!!!! Well!!! Well!!! Is Cinderella leaving for college without her 'makeup'...." an abrupt voice startled the two. They turned back staggered to discover madhushree's elder sister standing at the door. Her eyes held hatred and jealousy which was a facet of her.
"Jiji, I was thinking to not apply that......black stuff and do that unibrow.......I want to go to the college this way......." madhushree faltered. Deepali stared at Malini in disdain, besides she deserved it. She had always been a covetous and envious person and had always tried to harm madhushree in variety of ways.
"Tch.......Tch......Tch.......Poor madhu is fed up of being ugly......" malini said with a brutal smirk on her face. Abruptly she grabbed madhu's arm harshly, madhushree gasped and looked at her elder sister in terror.
"You just have to play ugly for mere hours but what about me......huh!!!! What about me!!!! Just look at this face, madhu, look at this face........I don't have to use ink like you to be ugly as I was BORN UGLY..........I am scorned for being so unappealing when you play ugly, just think.....when you decide to show this beautiful face of yours to this world, my life will turn into a disaster. I will be humiliated for this hideous face or used as an ally for people who wish to reach you........." malini hissed through her gritted teeth while madhushree sniffled softly. Deepali clenched her fists as she stormed towards them and pushed Malini away.
"Enough malini di.......it's not your face but your soul which is tainted and ugly........" Deepali stated wiping madhushree's tears. Malini panted glaring at her sister.
"I will never let people know that you are more beautiful than anyone on this earth. I won't..........you will splash that ink on your face, forever....." malini laughed glaring at her in disdain and contempt.
"No she won't......." Deepali yelled back at the jealous girl.
"She will......." this voice belonged to her mother and it came from the door. The girls looked at the door to find madhushree's serious looking mother standing at the door.
"Mom, but I also want to live like other girls..........I want to be what I am..." madhushree pleaded. Lata's heart clenched at the sight of his daughter begging to her but she was helpless.
"Madhu, you shall always paint your face with ink......that's it!!!! " her mother declared and malini smirked. Madhushree sniffled and deepali stared at the mother-daughter duo in disdain.
"That's it.........that's all you have to say mother......" mohan stormed inside the room looking furious.
"Don't you have any shame.......what harm has she inflicted upon you ever, even a step mother won't do something as horrendous as you do to your own daughter.....!!!" mohan said hugging a crying madhushree.
"MOHAN" Lata yelled at her foul mouthed son.
"Don't shout mother.......Even I know how to shout and you would certainly not appreciate when I shout at you...." Mohan tried to sound calmer.
"For this day I raised you with so much difficulties..........You can't even imagine how much pain I bear after your father died.........."
"After your father died........after your father died......that's all I am hearing since I was 12. Why don't you tell the whole thing, after dad died you lost your sense completely. You lost your brain, mother. What did you do, huh!!! What did you do.......Dad left a hefty fortune for all of us and you faced no financial crisis, you didn't do any job, you didn't perform hectic household chores due to us having house maids, you didn't helped us in our studies because you either were always tired for no reason or suffering from bizzare headache. So tell me mother, what difficulties did you face!!!! " mohan was furious today and this scared his mother. Perhaps because she couldn't repudiate his alleged claims of her facing no difficulties while bringing up her children.
"Brother please.......she is our mother!!! We need to respect her.......I....I will do as she says....." madhushree said heartbroken and deepali looked at her shocked.
"But madhu......."
"Please brother.......I insist..." she whispered as she ran inside the bathroom to shroud herself in her cursed fate. Mohan glared at the two women.
"Now you are happy!!!!" hissed mohan storming out of the room.
"I am not her enemy Mohan!!!" his mother had brimming tears in her eyes which Mohan felt were fake just like her everything.
"Yes, you are worse than that....." he stated before marching off to his room. Lata cried and malini satisfactorily smirked.