My heart breaks at the sight and I feel Toby's emotion through our link but that's not what scares me the most.

It's to know whether these were his feelings that I'm feeling or mine.

"I don't want him to go, either." I find myself admitting while drying Toby's tears with my thumb.

"Then let's not... We can fight for him." He whispers yells, sitting on his forearm.

I shake my head and squeeze Milo tighter against my chest, kissing his forehead.

"We can't..." I state as a matter of fact. "Malcolm is his destinated mate, he will kill every last one of us if we try to keep them away." I remind him and myself as well.

Entertaining that thought for long could be dangerous.

"Then we submit to Malcolm." He insists,

"Are you out of your mind? Victor will never agree to that." I scowl at him, as crazy as I felt, Toby seems to have lost it. "Besides, what tells you that Malcolm would want that anyways?"

"Victor can kiss my ass after throwing both of you in danger, he keeps doing reckless shit without my approval and it's getting annoying." He groans, rolling his eyes and that must be the first time I've ever seen him mad at Victor.

Toby basically worshipped Victor more than all of us.

"What do you mean..." I squint my eyes at him, I ignore how much he knows about everything that went down and I didn't want to spill any unnecessary beans that could harm our relationship any further.

"The coven? He knew about it for a while, he sent you away thinking he'd protect you and then he comes to blame Milo? He even came clean to Arrow and they keep lying to me like I'm not a goddamn Light Fae that could feel it." He rants to me and my frown deepens.

"You knew and you didn't tell me..." He chuckles at my accusation like I just told him a funny joke.

"You just came back and I wanted to tell you but Elijah beat me to it..." He deadpans and his next words make me want to dig a hole in the ground and hide in it. "Besides, you have no right to act all hurt after you hid the fact that Arrow fed on his soul."

"I...." My words get stuck in my throat, eyes wandering on Toby's pissed off face.

"Yeah, yeah, you are sorry for taking me for granted and treating me like I'm a weak thing that constantly needs protection instead of your equal." He rolls his eyes and lowers his tone, not to wake up Milo.

"That's why I'm the happiest with him," he mumbles quietly, kissing his hair and looking up at me. "He doesn't take me for granted, he bites back, he makes me feel whole... Like... " he struggles with finding the right words and I smile at his adorable self.

"Like you own the world..." I finish for him and we both look at each other with understanding.

"Yeah..." He nods and we fall silent while staring at him.

"I'm sorry..." I talk first, interrupting the peaceful silence. "I never meant to hurt you or look down on you, I thought I was doing what's best for you."

"Who are we kidding London, our whole relationship is toxic... Look at us, we keep hurting each other by lying and keeping secrets, the four of us are doomed to fail." He chuckles, sound empty of any humour and my heart aches at that because his words were true.

"Owen didn't destroy us when he set that trap..." He continues with a deep sigh, "he merely opened our eyes to what was already there."

I look at him and swallow the lump in my throat.