chapter forty-five

Jessica and Brendan are at his house, cuddling on the couch and watching TV. It's been about a couple of weeks since everything. Nathan and Jamie are currently on a camping trip, leaving Haley and Lydia home. Jessica has spent most of the past few days at Brendan's and even then, he was always over at her house prior to that.

They're currently watching She's the Man and Brendan is running his fingers through Jessica's hair.

"I never thought I'd say this... but I do really like cuddling." Brendan says.

"Good because I'm never not going to cuddle you." Jessica grins up at him and he grins back.

"You're adorable, you know that?" Brendan says.

"It's been said once or twice." Jessica says. Brendan smiles and kisses her.

+++

Brendan and Jessica are at TRIC and are sitting snuggled up in a booth.

"You know... I never thought Chris Keller would ever play here again. Or help save Nathan's life. Or that I'd even ever really tolerate him." Jessica says making Brendan chuckle.

"Well, people change." Brendan says.

"Yeah... still, though. Chris Keller?" Jessica asks.

"He's not the worst person. Annoying? Maybe he wins in that department, but he's a good person. At least now more than he seemed like ten years ago." Brendan says.

"Yeah." Jessica mutters in agreement.

"So sleepover at my place or yours tonight?" Brendan asks.

"Yours. You have a comfier bed." Jessica states.

"OKay." Brendan laughs. "Didn't know I won best bed."

"You sure as hell do." Jessica states.

"You know, you're cute." Brendan says.

"You've told me so." Jessica cheekily grins. Brendan softly chuckles, pecking her on the lips.

+++

Jessica walks into the dressing room with Nathan where they find Chris.

"Keller." Nathan calls.

"Well, well..." Chris mutters.

"heard you were on the lam." Nathan says.

"I was. Unnecessary, I'm told, but does anyone text Chris Keller? Apparently not." Chris says. "Hey, Nate, and Jessi, listen, I'm sorry to hear about your dad."

"Yeah. I appreciate that, man. Anyway, uh, I didn't get a chance to say thank you... so this is just a small way of saying it now." Nathan holds out a guitar case to Chris. "Open it up."