chapter twenty-five

Jessica went out to eat breakfast with Nathan and Jamie, ignoring all the sister drama. Although out to eat means Clay's house.

Jessica and Jamie are sitting at the counter while Nathan is in the kitchen.

"All right, Clay's got all the good stuff. What do you want?" Nathan asks.

"Um, can I mix fruity ones with cocoa ones?" Jamie asks.

"That's gross. Go for it." Nathan tells him.

"You're an interesting child." Jessica says.

"You did the same thing." Nathan reminds her.

"Well, I never said I was a normal child." Jessica mutters, grabbing the box of fruity cereal.

"Can you do it, too?" Jamie asks his aunt. Jessica stares at him debating before sighing.

"Okay." She mumbles, grabbing the box of chocolate cereal and pouring it into her bowl full of fruity cereal.

"What's up, Nate? How you doing today, Scott? Hey, boy. The resident Scott teenager." Clay says.

"Too many girls at our house, not enough cereal." Jamie says.

"All right. Glad to see your priorities are straight. Cereal first." Clay says.

"Thanks." Jamie says.

"Well, cereal before psycho, enemy sisters." Jessica says, eating a spoonful of her sister.

"Hey." Nathan scolds, lightly hitting the back of her head. "One of those psycho, enemy sisters is my wife."

"And the other was your first hookup." Jessica smirks.

Nathan hits her upside the head causing the spoonful of cereal and milk to splash onto the counter.

"I'll be outside. Got crazy endorsements-- crazy." Clay says, walking outside.

"Clay's got all the good stuff." Jamie says.

"Yes, he does." Nathan agrees.

"And none of the crazies." Jessica mumbles.

+++

They're still eating when Haley and Quinn walk in.

"What are you guys doing here?" Nathan asks.

"Uh, we are out for breakfast." Haley says.

"You're hiding from Taylor." Nathan states.

"Hiding? No." Haley denies as her and Quinn walk into the kitchen.

"Yes, we are." Quinn states. They hear knocking at the door.

"Don't answer it." Haley whispers. The two sisters peer around the corner and Taylor walks in and spots them, but they still try to dash out of the way.