14. Butterfly Form Star

Start from the beginning

"Well, it starts with mewberty. But after that, it requires years of training."

"Oh, good. Good, good, good. But what if it just sort of happened... randomly?"

"Star, it doesn't happen randomly. Okay? It happens... in times of need. Like when you defeated Toffee."

"But what if it... did happen randomly?"

"Catastrophe!" I jumped. He started laughing. "Yes! We'd have to put you in the dungeon!"

"River—"

"No! Then the high magical commission would come and take you away! There'd be weeks of examinations. You'd be locked away forever!"

"River, please."

"I mean, if this happened, eventually we'd just have to adopt a new princess."

"River, enough! Star, is everything all right?" I look at her worried.

"Oh! Yes. Everything is totally normal, obviously. I was just asking so that I can be prepared to handle it if I ever do learn to transform like you on purpose." I folded my arms looking at her mad. She should tell her still. I'm sure River was over reacting.

"Queen Moon—" Star kicks me from under the table. "Ouch! I... have nothing to say." We finished up eating.

"Alright we finished let's go Marco!"

"But I'm not-" She dragged me out and straight to her room. The food truck was still there.

"Food Truck Bed Transform!" The truck transform to a bed.

"All right, Marco. Let's try this again." She creates chains and connects them to the bed. She plops on the bed. "Chain me up Marco!" I walk over and start chaining her. The final one had a key so I locked it.

"So... this'll keep you from morphing into... Butterfly Star?" I say still unsure about all this.

"Yep! Don't worry, Marco, I got this."

"But even your mom seemed concerned."

"My parents cannot know about this! You heard what Dad said! Locked away forever!"

"I think he was exaggerating a little."

"Marco. My squire. You are the only person I can trust with this. Promise me you won't doze off again." I pull out the small chain I prepared.

"Don't worry, not gonna happen. And even if it does, this chain will alert me any time you move, and I'll wake up, too." I say chaining it to her ankle shackle and showing it was chained to my ankle.

"Thanks, Marco. Good night." I sit down on the footstool again and Glossaryck jumps into my lap again.

"Aah! Glossaryck! Oh, no, you don't. You're not making me fall asleep this time!" I pick him up and head to the door. I drop him outside the room. "Out you go." I close it behind me. I turn off the lights and sit back on the stool. "Now time to my duty as a squire." I watch Star but start feeling sleepy. I fell asleep. I was sleeping peacefully till I felt a stab on my back. "Oof!" I fell over. "Huh?" I look at Star seeing her in butterfly form, floating above her bed. A portal was open and Star was struggling against the chains. The portal was sucking stuff in. Some of the chains broke. The portal sucks Star with her bed.

"Star!" I notice a chain sucking in. I follow it noticing it was the chain that's connected to my ankle.

"Oh, no. Aah!" I get pulled in. Star flies through space like void.

"Whoa!" I dodge asteroids. "Ah! Ahh!" A vending machine flies by. "Huh?" Something hits my face. "What the...?" I take it off seeing it was chips of Gold' N Crisp. Didn't Star throw this with Ludo? I look to the side seeing Ludo. He waves and I wave back to him. Then the chain got yacked. Star was flying faster.