Chp. 12

Peter's pov

Suddenly, we heard a menacing laugh behind us. We spun around to be faced with none other than Mysterio himself.

He had an evil glare in his eye.

"Well, well, well. We meet again - Peter." Mysterio said.

"I don't know how you lived last time, but you're not getting away with what you did or are doing." I said clutching my fists.

"Silly boy. Last time I was on my own. You destroyed everything. This time, I have a secret weapon." Mysterio said, laughing.

I was confused. Secret weapon.

"Here, I'll make it easy to understand. y/n, come here my beautiful daughter." He said.

I glanced at y/n, but she didn't move.

"y/n. Come here dear." He said, getting impatient.

I saw y/n's eyes flicker purple, and a faint glow was forming by her hands. Suddenly, she used her power to lift Mysterio into the air and start pushing him back.

"You lied to me. You've been lying to me!!" y/n said angrily starting to walk forward while still moving him back.

"y/n, what are you doing? What are you talking about?" Mysterio questioned.

"You told me they wronged you. You told me Spiderman was bad. YOU MADE ME THINK YOU WERE GOOD." She shouted, throwing him into the ground.

He stood up.

"I thought I raised you better. But turns out, you're just like him." He gestured at me. "And you will be treated like him."

y/n's pov

I was furious. He lied to me. Out of nowhere, men parachuted from a helicopter.

As they landed, they began fighting us.

It all happened so fast. It was a crazy fist fight. Three guys were fighting me. I was easily beating them, but I had the advantage of powers. I hit one of them with a fire hydrant, knocking them out. One of them punched me in the stomach, which hurt, but I fought back. Peter was doing fine as anyone could be while fighting anyone.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed my class ducked behind a tipped over truck.

I guess one of the men saw them too, so he fired bullets at them.

Without thinking, I stopped all the bullets to save them, which, in turn, distracted me.

The other man managed to get back up and he punched me in the face, then kneed me in the chest, which caused me to fall over because it took the wind out of me.

They slipped some weird glowing bracelet on both of my wrists. I wasn't too sure what it was.

Peter saw me on the floor and ran over quickly. He webbed the two guy's heads and slammed them into each other.

He then helped me up, and he too took notice of the bracelets on my wrists.

"What are those?" He said.

"I have no idea..." I replied, taking an interest in the glowing bracelets.

Suddenly, I saw a little girl hanging off the edge of the bridge screaming.

"Peter!! LOOK!" I said, pointing at the girl.

He turned to see the little girl.

"I got her." He said before jumping into action.

Peter's pov

I used my webs to get over to the little girl quickly.

"Take my hand!!" I said.

But she didn't respond. She just kept screaming.

She then slipped, and began falling. I quickly threw a web at her waist to catch her, but my web went right through her. Suddenly, she disappeared.

"An illusion?" I said to myself.

Suddenly I heard a scream behind me. I spun around to see Mysterio holding y/n.

I ran over as fast as possible.

"y/n, use your powers!!" I yelled.

"I can't!" she cried.

"HAHAHA. Fool. These bracelets? They restrict her powers, and they are magnetic, acting as cuffs." Mysterio gritted.

I looked down at y/n's hands, and saw that they were being held together by the bracelets on her wrists. She was squirming in Mysterio's grip.

"Let her go!!" I demanded.

"It won't be that easy." Mysterio said, moving her closer to the edge of the bridge.

She screamed a little, and continued to try to get out of his grasp.

"STOP!!" I shouted.

Mysterio cocked his head at me.

He motioned behind me, and when I turned around, I saw my entire class surrounded by a circle of men, all aiming their guns at the class.

"Now here is how this is gonna work. I am going to throw y/n over the edge." He said.

"NO!! PLEASE DAD DON'T." She pleaded.

"And my men will fire their guns at the group." He gritted.

"You wouldn't do that to your own daughter." I said in a challenging tone.

He smirked.

"You love my daughter?" He said. "Prove it."

Suddenly, he pushed her over the edge and watched her fall. She screamed as she was falling. It took me a second to register what happened, but without thinking I turned to the group, and webbed a pole behind them. I pulled myself towards the pole, and flew in a circle around it, kicking every man on my way around.

I did a flip to land next to the class.

I ran full speed ahead towards the other edge of the bridge, the class watching me in awe.

I jumped over the edge, and was free falling towards the water. I rolled in the air on my back, and shot a web at the bottom of the bridge.

I dove into the water, and saw y/n squirming underwater, trying to get the cuffs off and swim to the surface.

I swam over to her and picked her up in my arms (bridal style). I tugged on the web I had shot on the bridge, which pulled us out of the water. I used webs to get back to the top of the bridge behind a car.

I lay y/n down on the concrete, and snapped the bracelets on her wrists off. She coughed up some water, and wiped her face.

She looked up at me, and stared me right in the eyes.

"Are you alright?" I asked her, breaking the silence.

"yeah...I am alright." y/n said.

She stood up, and used her powers to fling the car to the side. She kept walking, moving everything in her path with her powers. She looked so powerful, from her walk to her actual powers. Everything about it was just so amazing.

I caught up to her and walked beside her.

Finally, we met up face to face with Mysterio.