11. Drowning Out A Sleep-Deprived Water Dragon

Start from the beginning

 If Xu Feng had died before him, he would probably look like the immortal on his roof.

Void of anything but a defensive autopilot.

She was a smoldered flame, drinking in the misery of the never-ending downpour.

"This is Run Yu's fault." Liaoyuan murmured earning a confused look out of the fairy resting in his arms. "If you want this to end, we need to get him."

"T-That's it!" Yue Ya gasped as the fox-masked man put her down on her feet. "You're so smart, Liaoyuan!" 

She bounced up on her toes to kiss the mouth of his mask before she pulled herself away from her lover and flew towards the sky as a green orb of light.

"I'll be back Xiu Xiu!" She beamed before zipping away.

Liaoyuan stood in the rain, bewildered and flustered by the woman he loved.

Lightning began to flash as thunder drummed throughout the dark sky. 

The immortal's masked eyes moved to the immortal sitting on top of his house with a soft sigh.

Meanwhile, Yue Ya flew as fast as she could to the heavenly realm, becoming irritated that she hadn't thought of doing this sooner.

Surely the heavenly emperor had, had enough time in heaven to do whatever made him push the tiger immortal away.

Three weeks in the mortal realm were the equivalent of a few days in heaven.

Yue Ya rushed past the guards, not bothering to check in as she flew exhaustedly towards the throne room.

Uncaring of the guards rushing after her, she slammed open the doors and flew inside before materializing into her disheveled human-like form.

"RUN YU!"

The Emperor's head snapped up with wide eyes. "Wha-oh- Yue Ya." He exhaled and relaxed before gesturing for his guards to stand down from the glaring fairy. "What brings you to the heavenly realm?" He tilted his head. "If you're looking for Xiu'er, I don't know where she is-"

"OF COURSE YOU DON'T!" Yue Ya clenched her fists. "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU TOLD HER OR DID TO HER TO MAKE HER ANGRY OR SAD OR UPSET- BUT YOU NEED TO COME WITH ME RIGHT NOW."

Run Yu's brows were furrowed as he carefully got up. "What's wrong? Did something bad happen to Mei Xiu?"

"YES!"

His eyes widened before he ran towards the fairy. "What's wrong? What happened to her?" He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the entrance. "Yue-"

Yue Ya was startled by his concern before tears filled her eyes.

She couldn't be angry when he was panicking like this.

He looked like he hadn't slept in days now that she was up close to him.

"Yue Ya, what's wrong?" He frowned as he wiped her tears away with his sleeves. "Please tell me."

"M-Mei Xiu h-has been sitting on Fox face's r-roof for three weeks in the rain." She cried, hiccupping as she spoke to the concerned man softly patting her head. "I've tried t-to get her d-down, but n-nothing is working."

He frowned. "Take me to her, please."

Yue Ya nodded before turning into an orb of light and zipping away.

The emperor followed close behind, worry for his lover quickly clouding his thoughts as they flew through the sky.

The past few days had left him in anxious, sleep deprived, and miserable.