36

According to my plan, the moment I got back from the bookstore, I jumped in the bathroom, took a quick shower, and dolled up.

I wear a deep violet silk tank top and a black mini skirt, with black stockings, covering up to my thigh. They say revenge is best served cold, but it doesn't mean the server of the revenge ought to freeze to death. Hence making sure my clothing is appropriate for the weather is crucial. I slip into my black pencil heels just as I finish curling my hair. With a final touch to my make-up, red lips, and smoky eyes, I get to my feet and put on my coat.

I snatch my purse from my bed and totter out of the room.

Melody's eyes jump up from her book to me and they widen.

"I know, I look hot. Gotta go now, bye." I wave my hand and hurry out of the flat and out of the building, slowly making my way to the waiting uber.

Traffic might be hellish on a Saturday night, but I'm prepared for it, so I sit back and relax as the driver takes me to the destination. Turns out not sitting on the passenger seat fixes my entire car ride PTSD. Along with plugged-in earbuds, blaring music, quieting every other thought in my head.

Problem solved.

But I can't help as my wandering mind goes back to Wright one too many times. How he held my face under the pouring rain, eyes boring into me. My heart beats faster and I shift on my seat, trying to not think of him.

Finally, we reach the club and I climb out of the car. I adjust my skirt as I cross the street. The queue is absurdly long, and I eye it for a moment before tottering away with a huff. I decide to test my luck, and the bouncer's memory by walking up to the entrance.

The bouncer looks up and I smile at him. A beat later, recognition flashes in his dark eyes, and my tense muscles relax. "Long time no see."

I shrug with a small smile. "Life."

He steps aside for me. "Have fun."

"Thanks," I smile and walk past him, stepping into the dimly lit club.

Ever since I moved here, at least once a month we used to come to this place. All seven of us. Knowing Nathan, he'll be coming even if no one's around. The guy can't live without spending his weekends in clubs and bars. Or in Vegas emptying his dad's bank account.

I worm my way through sweaty and dancing people as I shove away the minimal stinging feeling that I'm no longer a VIP.

As I reach the other end and order a margarita, I scan the place. Not spotting a mop of dirty blond hair, I sigh and plant myself on the stool.

I patiently wait as the music drills in my head and I sip my drink, surveying the area once in a while. I can't go straight to him either, it'll be suspicious. Internally groaning, I order my second drink, already beginning to feel buzzed. While sitting here, I try to form a tactful plan to avoid getting him suspicious.

Just as I take the first sip from my second drink, watching the drunk people dancing their asses off, a light tap on my shoulder startles me.

I spin and my eyes widen as it locks with a pair of electric blue. "Nathan!" I exclaim, greeting him, and carefully standing up from the stool.

"Gracie." He throws an arm around me in a half hug. "I wasn't sure if it was you, good that I checked." His gaze travels my body, a side his mouth lifts up. "You look great."

I place my drink on the counter and offer a coy smile. "Thanks, you don't look bad either."

He chuckles, shaking his head. "I missed you, it's been so long since the last time we saw each other. How's everything been going?" he pushes his hands into his pockets.

"Fine, I guess. Could have gone worse." I lightly answer and he smiles.

"Ever the optimistic Rae."

With a small wave of my hand, I say, "What can I say, I always try to see the good."

That makes him frown slightly, his blond brows drawing together and his downturned lips forming a thin line. "How have you been keeping up with the... uh, recent news?"

"I was surprised at first and then realized I probably should have been expecting it."

He slowly nods. "What they did was wrong."

I force out a half-hearted laugh. "Yeah, that and you guys. Don't act all innocent, you and Livi did me wrong me too. It's not like you two didn't know."

Holding his palms up in mock defense, he drops his head. "Guilty as charged."

Playfully I roll my eyes and he leans a bit towards me. "Is that why you're here?"

I feign shock. "What?" Narrowing my eyes, I add, "Don't tell me just like the rest, you think only because I'm not as rich as I was, I'm not allowed to go to the places I used to go." I try to hide my irritation, but the way he's watching me makes me doubt if I successfully masked it. 

"You know that's not true and I don't think about you like that."

I raise my eyebrows, holding his steady gaze, boring into me. "Oh really?" I inch to him, and in a soft voice I ask, "What do you think about me?"

He scoffs, murmuring. "Don't act like you don't know."

"Maybe I don't." I lift a shoulder, playing out my innocent card as I peer at him through my lashes.

We all knew he had a thing for me but retreated for Alex. We assumed he gave up the girl he liked for his best buddy. Or maybe he lacked the confidence to tell me anything about his feelings. Perhaps his ego couldn't have handled dating a girl richer than himself. Whatever the case, he stepped back entirely when Alex asked me to be his date for prom. Since then, he has been an admirer from afar.

Olivia disliked me for a considerably long time only because the guy she liked, liked me instead of her. Pathetic.

"You're not playing with us, are you?" he cocks his head to one side and I'm almost tempted to do an actual facepalm in front of him.

Why did I build such a stupid reputation for myself?

Maintaining his heated gaze, slowly I shake my head. "Now why would I do that?"

His eyes drop my lips and relief washes through me. Yet again the logic of men having two brains is proved.

"Is there any other guy in your life?" he asks, leaning down to me, our faces so close, that his hot breath fans over my face.

I stop myself right on time from rolling my eyes. For a flash, Wright's face crosses my mind, the way he looked at me when I was at his place and in my dream, but I shove it aside as soon as it appeared.

Brian.

He is in my life. But we're not serious and it's not like he'll find out what I'll be doing tonight. Before I can mull over this way too much, I furl my fingers around his black leather jacket.

Not hesitating a beat longer, I pull him to me and crashing my lips on his. 

∞ ∞ ∞

Sorry for the short chapter, I was really busy today.

Anyways, tell me your thoughts on it =)

Next update will be on Monday (sorry, got a quiz on Monday and Tuesday, have to study for those) and as you can probably tell, there will be a steamy scene ahead (hopefully, lol)

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it (don't forget to vote if you did)

Stay safe, lots of love, happy reading <3