Chapter 6

For the next week, it was hectic as we were preparing for a wedding. Not just any wedding. A dog wedding, it was for their dog Total, and his I guess girlfriend Akila. She was a friendly little dog, and I guess Total was in love.

I sigh as I lay on the couch as everyone was getting ready for the ceremony. I didn't feel like going. There was just so much on my mind. Practically dying made me reflect on a lot of things, and I couldn't seem to stop the over thinking.
What would have happened if Dylan didn't save me? Where would I have been? Would I finally be able to meet my mother?
"Finny..?"
I looked up to see Dylan, he was wearing black dress pants and a buttoned up white shirt. He had a jacket on his arm, he was looking at me with concern.
"Oh.. hey.." I said awkwardly, the more I think about it, the more I realized I never really thanked the dude for saving me. Yet, he's been avoiding the hell out of me to.
"Hey," he said, his voice was quiet and raspy. I raised an eyebrow as he cleared his throat. He then came over and sat on the coffee table in front of me.
"Look, if you're gonna convince me to come-"I started, but stopped, he was just staring at me with an intense expression.
He never looked this serious before, I raised an eyebrow at him, shifting to where I was facing him.
"Is everything okay," I asked him. He seemed to be thinking real hard at that question.
"Dylan-" I started, but before I could say anything else, he leaned in and pecked my lips.
I was thrown off, I was expecting that. I felt my cheeks grow warm and I was staring at him dumbfounded.
Did this dude just possibly take my first kiss?
I was about to stand up, to leave, but he pulled me towards him, hugging me.
"Dylan," I asked quietly,"Are you okay?"
Dylan pulled away and looked deep into my eyes, I was gonna look away, but he placed his thumb and index finger on my chin making me look at him.
"I'm sorry," his voice cracked a bit as if he was about to cry." I didn't mean to avoid you, I just needed to sort some things out" his voice was quiet.
"Like," I asked still looking at him. His eyes traveled down my face and onto my lips. Was he about to kiss me again?
What was going on? Wasn't he made for Max? Why is he kissing me? He should be-
Before my thoughts could continue he pressed his lips against mine, and I felt my body cave into him.
Dylan and I have never been close, in fact, I despised him when Hagan first introduced me and Red, as Hagan loved Dylan more then his own children. He was his "greatest creation."
I couldn't help as much body reacted and start to kiss back. He pulled me close to him and I placed my hands on both sides of his face. I wasn't sure if it was a in the moment thing, or my body just reacting, but I couldn't find myself to pull away.
I had to though, I couldn't let this continue-
I felt Dylan pull away, and I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed.
I sat back on the couch and looked at my lap, he seemed to be struggling with something when I looked back at him.
He took a deep breath and was about to say something, but Max came into the room.
"You ready Dylan," she asked. She paused looking in between us and Dylan quickly changed his whole demeanor and nodded towards her.
"Yeah, let's go," he said quickly jumping up and moving past her to go outside.
Max looked at me raising an eyebrow,"Are you sure you don't want to go?"
I nodded, still unsure of what to say or do. What the hell just happened.
Max nodded and I heard her leave.
I laid back on the couch, groaning. What the hell-
I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, trying to take a nap, but who knew I would be laying there for hours tossing and turning.
The only thing in my mind was Dylan and what happened.
I shot up hearing someone enter the house.
I looked back to see Fang, and he was startled to see I was still on the couch.
"What are you doing," he asked.
"Nothing," I said quietly,"Why aren't you at the wedding?"
Fang's face flushed and he took a deep breath, "I'm leaving."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Red and Dylan entered the house together, talking about random stuff. Dylan seemed off since they got to the wedding, but for the first time in a while, he was actually getting along with Dylan.
When they both entered the living room, Dylan seemed shocked Finny wasn't on the couch asleep, and so was Red.
"Where did she-" Dylan started but the rest of the flock cut him off as they entered.
Max walked passed them, yawning then spotted a note at the end of the hall.
She called out,"Fang?!"
Red could see a worried look on her face as she walked over to the note, and started to read it, they all gathered around her as she read it.
In the note Fang talked about leaving, as Dylan was causing him to question his own actions.
Red looked over at Dylan who looked almost guilty, but it still didn't explain where Finny had gone.
Then Max read aloud,"P.S. Finny is with me,"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of part 1