thirty

thirty

Back in New York, it was raining. Michael was framing baby photos of Luke when the swollen blonde himself came downstairs. He wobbled into the kitchen, sitting on the breakfast counter and placing his head down.

He let out a groan and nothing else.

"Well, good morning," Mike said. Be was in a good mood—something the state of New York has never seen.

"'m nervous," Luke squeaked, lifting up his head until his chin was placed on the cold counters.

"For your ultrasound?"

Luke looked up at his fiancé with a look, "No, Mike, I'm nervous getting the key to the city—of course for my ultrasound."

The dark-haired boy smiled, not responding.

He, on the other hand, was thrilled to go to their appointment. He woke up early and he never does that.

Mike placed the new photo additions rest on their side table with a few other baby photos of Cy—none of Michael, those were all burned. "We should probably leave in, like, fifteen, because, you know, traffic."

Luke started to softly hit his head against the counter, hitting harder and harder each time before Michael noticed.

"You're such a weirdo, stop," he laughed, going over to lift the blonde's head up. "Let's go get you dressed.

Luke looked tired, angry, and annoyed as he sat in the cushioned chair a few hours later. Dr. Clen, their doctor for the next nine months, was reaching for Luke's arm, ready to find his heart rate and such.

The boy sighed, doing as told so.

Michael couldn't let the grin slip from his lips as he looked at his lover. The thirty-year-old looked so annoyed on this grey, rainy day.

Mike waited so long for this moment to come, once he passed his thirtieth birthday single, he didn't think it was ever going to happen.

Looking at the beauty in front of him, trying to unbutton his tight jeans as he slides up his top, he knew Luke was worth the wait.

"This is going to be a bit cold," Dr. Clen said, starting to rub a clear liquid over Luke's barely noticeably larger bump. The screen above Luke's head started to become clear, a black and white screen conveying something.

The middle aged man clicked a few things on his computer, zooming in on the black dot in the center of white tones. "That is the embryo," he said, pointing to the screen, "your baby."

Luke tilted his head up, squinting his eyes to look at the flashing screen (he refused to admit he lost his glasses). A smile crawled across his face as he looked back at Michael, who was grinning like a wild man. "It's so tiny, why does it cause me so much pain?"

The doctor laughed, freezing the screen to send to the printer, "Well, since you are a male, your pregnancy is going to hit you hard."

"Great," he commented, laying his head back on the chair, "Wonderful."

"The next few weeks are important, I'm gonna prescribe you some things to—."

Luke zoned out as he watched the gel being rubbed off of his pale stomach. It hasn't really hit him yet that he was actually carrying a human being inside of him. He looked at Michael, he was saying something but the blonde was still deep in his head. His lover had hearts and stars in his eyes, a huge smile casted upon his dark pink lips.

Luke thrusted his hips upwards as he tried to get his skinny jeans back up. He moved his ripped up muscle tee down his stomach, tucking the side into his jeans.

"Maybe you should lay of the skinny jeans for a while," Mike commented standing up to help Luke put his shoes back on.

"Maybe you should fuck off for a while," Luke whispered under his breath.

Their doctor left to get paperwork and their very first ultrasound. Michael wanted to do something with the many ultrasounds they will start to receive, but he wasn't sure what. He figured Luke would find something on Pinterest and do it himself.

Michael tied the black laces on his Converse and tucked the end of his jeans into the back. "I love you," he reminded the younger boy.

"I know," Luke gloated, kicking his feet over the edge yet staying seating.

And no, neither of the two broke out into tears until they were in the car, opening the folder which held nine pictures of their embryo of a child.