twenty

twenty

Luke stood at the black railings in front of Niagara Falls, his arms out wide in total Titanic mode. Michael stood behind him, his chin resting on Luke's shoulder and his arms wrapped tightly around his slim waist. "You are so beautiful," Mike whispered.

Luke smiled, placing his hands back on the railing. "I don't know how I got so lucky," he said, smiling brightly at his boyfriend. 

He turned around, leaning his forehead against Michael's. His cold hands clutched Michael's face, pressing his lips against Mike's every few seconds.

A watery-breeze hit them like a small drizzle from The Falls. "I still can't figure it out. Why would someone like you be with someone like me?" Michael placed his thumbs below the waistband of Luke's purple skinny jeans, playing with the material.

He was wearing shades of purple today, not a single glance of black. He was happy and he wanted to show it off. He showed off his emotions by his clothing. "Because you make me feel like a princess. You could be the poorest man in the entire world, and you'd still make sure I knew I was loved."

"You are a princess."

"You love me from head to toe, for who I am, for what I am, for everything in between. You," Luke laughed, "you are my medicine. You are my therapy. You are my skeleton. You are my world."

Michael pressed a large kiss to Luke, dragging the blonde's lip. "You just quoted The 1975, All Time Low, The Front Bottoms, and Hillsong. I love you, I love you, I really, really love you.

"I love you when you make us late because you're painting your nails. I love when you pretend to look in the men's department but always sneak off to the other side. I love the way you treat Cy like he's your own brother. I love the way you snore and sometimes scare yourself awake.

"I can't really imagine me without you. I can't imagine walking past PR and not seeing you pretending to work when we all know you're on Tumblr. I can't imagine waking up to an empty bed anymore." Michael sighed, taking a step closer so his black Converse were on the outside of Luke's purple ones, "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really love you."

Luke had tried stopping a few drops of tears from falling from his eyes but he couldn't. They were falling fast and he had no control. His mascara was smearing and he was positive he looked like a raccoon, a sleep-deprived raccoon. "You can't do this to me."

Michael let out another laughter, his Adam's apple bobbing in his throat. "You're making it sound like I'm breaking up with you. All the old ladies around are watching our every move." Mike looked to his left, seeing eyes glancing right back at him.

"Then do something special," Luke joked, hoping for a make out session against the flimsy rails.

Michael had a quick decision, and he chose to go for it. He had a smile plastered on his face, with one lick across his mouth he started to bend down, one knee on the dirty ground. "Lucas Robert Hemmings-."

"Oh, my God." Luke froze, covering his mouth with his hands. He could hear the people around them stop.

"-I met you because I was an asshole. You admitted your love to me before I even kissed you, and it shouldn't have taken me so long to formally announce my true admiration and adoration for you. You are my sun, you are my moon, you are all the stars. There is no doubt in my mind that I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He smiled, his eyes as bright. "Blondie, would you please take this ring and marry me?"

Luke laughed, his back arching towards Michael as he held out his left hand. A few pedestrians were clapping but the two didn't notice as Mike slipped on a perfectly trimmed diamond ring. "You fucking asshole, I love you."

Mike stood back up, kissing him deeply, "I love you, too." He leant over so his hands were on the rails, but Luke was still pressed up between him. "Ella helped me picked it out. Made her promise not to say anything."

Luke smiled, thinking of his best friend and her acting skills. "It's beautiful," he said, his voice cracking. He held up his hand, the many diamonds sparking even on a cloudy day.

"Tried to find something as beautiful as you but-."

"You're so cheesy, I hate you so much," Luke laughed, taking his eyes away from the ring and onto his fiancé, he smiled at the thought. Engaged.

Michael rubbed his nose against Luke's before speaking once more, "I was gonna do it tonight, had this whole night planned, but I guess that'll turn into celebration now."

"Let's go back to the hotel and celebrate there," Luke smiled, taking Michael's hand and dragging him away.