Asking about how I do, is more than enough for me. That's for I know he cares about me, and soon he will understand my situation.

'I'm here.' Adam's message pops up on my lock screen. "Okay, wish me luck," I exhaled.

"All the best," Laura waved at me. I walked out of the dorms, Mr.Carl is nowhere to be seen. Weird, he is always here at the gate.

Adam's car is nowhere to be seen, where is he. That's when I saw him standing in front of a Mercedes-Benz car. It's a G-class, I was astonished for a second. But then I walked towards him, it surprised me a lot to see the expensive car, but I can't find a logical explanation.

He is wearing a blue suit which looks perfect on his figure. He sensed me coming, and his gaze wandered at me. He looked surprised, or so I thought.

"Hi," I greeted him.

"Hi," he greeted me back. He turns around to open the door for me, I get into the car. It's an expensive car, how come a teacher affords it.

"You look beautiful," Adam said with a smile. I smiled back at him, "You too."

And he really looks handsome tonight, the woman who gets Adam Rutherford is a hell of a lucky one. He is perfect in a scary way since no human being in my opinion flawless in this way.

"There is something you need to know," Adam's deep voice cut my thoughts. I looked at him in anticipation.

"My family is rich," he said and paused. Right, here it comes. The bells that ring when I hear his last name. I guess Laura was right about what she said. This man is related to the famous Rutherfords.

"I have one brother who is older than me, no sisters. My mom is quite strict, she isn't friendly especially to strangers. But once she knows them she becomes more friendly. Now, I will introduce you as my wife. So, we need a story to tell on how we met."

I nodded, "what is our story?" I asked curious to know what he would say.

"Well, we will say that we met at a book fair, we liked each other and dated for a few months. We got married because we are madly in love."

"And you expect them to believe?" I say while raising my left eyebrow. He sighed and steered the wheel, "Let's just hope they do."

The rest of the ride was silenced, I nervously rubbed my hands. What will they think of me? just a gold digger that found a handsome man with money. Even if he was way too older than her. Of course, I mean who wouldn't think ill of me in this situation?

The car stopped in front of a huge mansion. Everything screamed luxurious at this place. Adam opened the door and grabbed my hand in his. My heart skipped a beat. A tingling feeling crept on my arms, he looked at me intensely, his blue eyes became darker.

I took my hand off his, and I followed him to the mansion. Crystal chandelier lights brightened the place. Adam's hand slide behind my back, and my stomach turned by the action. This is a deal, I reminded myself.

"Calm down, my beautiful wife" Adam whispered, mocking me with the title.

"I'm calm, dear husband," I said sarcastically, even though I'm the total opposite of calm. My heart feels as if it will get out of its place.

We kept walking, passing many doors. Until he stops at a huge wooden one, a servant bows to him before opening the doors. Adam's hand still rests at my back, when we enter the room.

A woman in her mid-fifties stood there, wearing a white dress.

"Oh, Adam," she happily exclaimed and approached us. Adam hugs the woman who I assume is his mother since she has blue eyes. Exactly as Adam's.

"Hey mom," Adam says while hugging her back. I stood awkwardly waiting to be introduced.

His mother looks at me questionably, "Who is the pretty lady?" she sweetly asked.

"This is Elena," Adam says.

"Hi, Mrs. Rutherford, nice to meet you," I said, and extended my hand. She shakes my hand firmly and I can tell that I'm not welcomed, at least by his mother.

"Where is Stephen?" Adam asks looking at his mother. His jaws clenched, and that is enough to show that his relationship with his brother isn't good.

"Oh, he will be here soon. You know Julia, she always makes him late," she stated. I can sense her gaze on me, and I avoided it by pretending to look around.

"Who is she?" I heard his mother whispering to him, and I pretend to not hear her.

"I'm waiting for everyone to come around, then you will know," he stated. Adam gestures to me to sit on the leather sofa that centers the room. I take a seat and he too sits beside me.

"She doesn't like me," I said while my gaze rested on Adam. "She might faint when you break the news," I smiled a small smile.

He shook his head, "Believe me, she can handle worse," he winked at me.

I sighed, what the hell did I get myself into, what kind of family is this. This deal is harder than I thought, Adam is supposed to be a normal man. This is not normal.

"Can I ask something?" I looked at him questionably.

He nodded in anticipation.

"Why an English professor?" as if he expected the question, he looks at me. "Long story."

I nodded my head and that's when it hits me. Holly crap, we don't wear rings. My eyes widened at the realization, and I look at Adam.

"We..." I didn't have the chance to speak, for the door opens to reveal two men and a woman.

Adam questionably looks at me, I point at my ring finger while shaking my head. That's when he went pale while gazing at me.

Both of us stood when the new people approached us. A man in his mid-fifties with gray hair and brown eyes. The other one a little bit taller, with dark hair and brown eyes. He looks like Adam, this must be the brother.

The woman who I assumed is Julia, stood like a model. Her dark blonde hair perfectly styled, and a red dress hugged her body perfectly.

Adam's hand slides behind my back and pulls me closer to him. I try to plaster a smile on my face.

"Everyone, this is Elena Rutherford. My wife," Adam drop the bomb while lovingly looking at me.