Scene 10: knowledge is power

𝐦𝐮𝐥𝐜𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞

2:37 pm- potions classroom

Sirius watched Raven whilst she sat in the seat infront of him, tapping her fingers against the wooden desk impatiently and examining the sharp potions knife as if she was trying to distract herself from something.

In all fairness, she was. After her talk with Sirius last night which was followed by her falling asleep on the couch. She left in the middle of the night by flying out the window as her feathery counterpart. She was honestly quite frustrated with herself, however she didnt let it last long. If there was one thing that Raven was good at it was running away. Or flying, I guess in this case.

It was too much care and too much stupid vulnerability and emotion for her liking. She was cold and unfeeling and she preferred to keep it that way. She was going to keep it that way.

Sirius scratched the point of his quill on his incomplete essay as he observed with determined eyes. I can see your hand wrapping around the potion knife. Knuckles turning white while you're listening to Avery and Mulciber talk about something maliciously. Is that wise, Raven? Being in possesion of something that could hurt others. I know you can hear them. What's bothering you?

Slughorn stood up to address the class. Clearing his throat and intertwining his fingers across his stomach with a jollyness that Sirius wanted to snuff out by telling him about all of the bad things in the world. The feeling was mutually shared by the calculating Ravenclaw a few seats infront of him.

"I just need to run an errand quickly to collect something from Professor Mcgonnagall, I trust that you all will behave accordingly." The professor clearly directed the last part to the marauders, only to get snarky salutes and winks in return, with that he exited the classroom, probably at the worst possible time.

Mulciber and Avery were shit people. Complete and utter shit. They didn't deserve the effort of being introduced or described.

The class filled with chatter once more. Students absorbed in their own little oblivious bubbles as they abandoned their work in exchange for some unsupervised time.

Raven didnt let any of the anger and irritation that she deeply felt reflect on her face. She appeared calm as she stood and walked over to the two snakes who were nudging eachother and whispering immaturely, stupidly. The small blade was still in her grip. Raven didnt know what she was going to do with it yet, it was unlikely that she could successfully stab them in broad daylight surrounded by classmates- and get away with it. No matter how badly she wanted to.

The slytherins- who were stationed at the back corner of the classroom noticed her approach and decided to add more fuel to the fire. Raven had been expecting it, however they weren't going to talk about her mother like that and come out unscathed. "Well Fawley, are you not embarrassed?" Avery started- all be it a tad reluctantly- as the Ravenclaw sat on top of an unoccupied table directly infront of them.

Mulciber laughed under his breath and Raven turned her steely gaze towards him, her hand still gripped around the knife. "Imagine having a mother that goes out in public in such a state." He shook his head in a snark of false sympathy. "Did your daddy do that to her? Did your father give your usless junkie of a mother a black eye?" He spat out maliciously, his potent gaze poring into hers.