- Chapter Fourteen -

George POV:

The talk with Karis was a relief to say the least. She was going to try her best to get as much information about my so called 'soulmate', however did say it would be rather difficult since we don't have much to go off. She also explained how when we do eventually find out who this creep is she would file a restraining order against him, which also took that horrible feeling off my chest. After catching up on a few things, we walk back towards the door.

Entering the room, the first thing I notice is an extremely flustered Clay. I raise my eyebrow in his direction. "Whats going on in here?" I ask, walking over to the mini-fridge. I pull out two water bottles, chucking one at Clay in the process. He catches it, looking anywhere but at me. 

"Hm well, you going to answer me?" I say, wondering why he isn't saying anything. I watch as Clay panics for a second before stuttering out complete nonsense "I- well we weren't- I wasn't-nothing happened-" Phoenix cuts him off "What Clay is trying to say is, he has a cru-" This time, Tyler cuts him off "NOTHING! We were doing nothing" He practically shouts, throwing Phoenix a intimidating glare. The room is silent, then Clay breaks out with hysterical laughter. His wheeze fills the room, while the rest of us look at each other with confusion, until Phoenix and Ty join in on the laughter. I soon begin to awkwardly chuckle so I don't feel as left out of the obvious inside joke.

Clay is basically gasping for air at this point, choking on his own breath. I don't even know what we're laughing about. Eventually, the laughter dies out and we fall into casual conversation, ignoring whatever just happened.

"So are you boys ready to practice now?" Karis asks suddenly, looking up from her paperwork. We all nod until I remember Clay is in the room "Wait!" I exclaim "I don't want him to watch us practice" I say gesturing to Clay. His face falters, his smile slowly turning into a frown. "No I didn't mean it in a bad way- I meant it more like I don't want to spoil anything for you! I want you to see us perform for the first time properly!" I say, trying to explain myself. His face doesn't change, but he nods nonetheless. I sigh, standing up and dragging him out the door. 

"You idiot, don't be sad" I speak softly, once we're standing outside the room. "I want to watch you practice though, it would be so cool watching you!" He says with a hopeful smile. I shake my head with amusement. "Okay I tell you what. We can go out for dinner tonight if you want? To make up for you not coming to rehearsal" I say, my tone turning less confident with every word. I realise Clays lost in thought so I'm quick to say "Unless you don't want to thats totally fine as well!" I explain. He doesn't answer reply straight away, until a smirk appears on his face "Are you asking me out on a date Georgie?" He teases, poking my cheek. My cheeks heat up and I swat his hand away from my face. "No- I'm not asking you out on a date" I speak, feeling entirely and utterly embarrassed.

"Well if you're not asking me out for a date, I can only presume you don't want me coming to your practice because you hate me" He shrugs his shoulders over-dramatically, sighing to top it all off. "No!" I shout, almost too keen. "I mean, no. I've already said the reason why I don't want you there! Why do you want to label it as a 'date so bad anyways?" I ask, raising my eyebrow. This time, it's Clays turn to get embarrassed. "No its not that- I don't- I didnt" he struggles to form a sentence. "Yeah yeah whatever, either miss my rehearsal and be sad, or miss my rehearsal and get dinner out of it" I offer. He recomposes himself, before that same smirk makes its way to his face "It's a date" He says smugly. I smile warmly at him, before realising what he said "It's not a date!"

I mean, am I gay? Sure. Do I want this to be a date? I mean thats a hard question but- who am I kidding, of course I want it to be a date. I've come to terms with my slowly arising crush I have on Clay but I haven't even come out to him yet! And obviously I can't just presume he's gay, but then again he's never outwardly said he's straight so thats something to work with. We speak for a minute longer, discussing a time and place for this so called 'date' then turn to go back into the room. 

-time skip woo-

Rehearsal is going well so far, although nothing has happened other than us practicing a few songs. Clay drove home around an hour ago and I told him I would just get the bus back, which obviously took for ages for him to agree too. Sometimes I would find it somewhat endearing for him to be a little over-protective of me but come on, it's one bus drive not much could go wrong.

I've been thinking of ways of coming out to Clay, or just to anyone in general. I think Karis already knows that I'm most certainly not straight, but it'll be good to confirm it. One idea sticks out to me though. It's a little risky but could work. But I would have to talk to the band first. 

"Karis can I speak to you for a moment?" I ask intrusively, not thinking before I speak. Oh god I haven't thought this through well enough. Am I really about to come out to her? She nods and walks over to me. What do I even say? Do I just be straightforward? "Yes George?" She asks. "Uh well" I scratch the back of my neck "I'm gay" I say, closing my eyes tightly waiting for her answer. However, she chuckles and reaches out to grab my shoulder "I'm proud of you for telling me but" She pauses "I already knew" She deadpans, stifling her laugh. I let out a sigh of relief. I mean thats better than her being unsupportive. "Oh thank god" I say, laughing. 

"How come you decided now of all times to come out to me?" She questions, tilting her head to the left. "Uh well- you're the first person I've come out to and I've decided it's about time I come out to the world, but I just have to run it through with you first" I say, crossing my arms in front of me. She waits for me to continue "So basically, I wanted to write a song to perform on Friday if thats okay? And come out to everyone then" I ask, prepared for her to already say no. Instead, she gasps "Thats a wonderful idea George! But I would talk to Phoenix and Tyler as well, which means coming out to them" She offers me a supportive smile, gesturing to the two boys who are now stupidly throwing popcorn at each other. Welp, it's now or never. 

I make my way over to the pair, chewing on my bottom lip out of nervousness. Tyler notices me first "Sup George" He greets, this then causing Phoenix to also glance at me. Taking in a deep breath, I sit down on the couch cautiously. They obviously notice my distress so Tyler speaks up once more "Whats wrong?" He asks. I awkwardly chuckle, let's just be casual about it.

"So I have an idea for Fridays show and I just want to run it through with you guys" I say, watching them both nod. "So I was thinking of writing a song to perform, to come out to everyone, and I just wanted to make sure thats cool with you both" I explain, watching as Tyler smiles knowingly whilst Phoenix nods. "Yeah thats awesome! What would the song be about?" Phoenix smiles enthusiastically, totally down with the idea. Tyler hits him round the head with a pillow "Ow what the hell! What was that for dickhead?" He shouts, getting ready to pounce on Tyler.

I stifle my giggles watching the two childishly interact. "You idiot! He said what it's going to be about" Tyler laughs, shaking his head. However, Phoenix is just as, if not more confused as before. He turns to me raising his eyebrows questioningly. I laugh out loud "I want to write a song" I laugh once more "About me coming out" the nervous feeling in my stomach returns "As gay" I wince.

"Oh" He says, looking down in his lap trying to process what I just said "OH! Holy shit dude thats amazing! I'm sorry for missing that oh my god" Phoenix muffles into his hands. Tyler hits him once more, this time on the back. I smile and grab his knee "It's aright Phoenix, some of us are just a little slow" I tease, ruffling his hair. "Shut up~" He drags out the word in annoyance. 

We joke around for another 5 minutes or so, poking at Phoenix playfully. I should really leave soon if I want to have enough time to prepare for this 'date' with Clay. I say my goodbyes to everyone, turning around once more to wave but only to notice Tyler and Phoenix glancing at each other with a knowing smirk. 

-----------------------

Sorry if this chapter is a bit of a mess, I realised while writing this 'oh wait I never actually made George gay yet whoops' soooooooo yeah