Chapter 6

Charlie's Pov:

I write up a quick reply to my mum and send the owl. We've been communicating ever since Voldemort came back. The ministry doesn't believe it but my parents do.

They've invited me to help with the new Order of the Phoenix. Mum's against it but dad sent me the letter updating me about everything going on.

I still haven't told Valerie, she may freak out and go on the run again. She never told me who she was running from. I did the math and she was seven during the first wizarding war. Maybe she was forced into the deatheaters and they've been out to get her?

That's my best guess. She hasn't told me yet and frankly I'm scared to ask. What if I ruin everything? It's just been too perfect for the past few months.

The front door opens and her voice rings "I brought lunch!" she calls.

"Yes! I'm starving." I say

She brings in a bag with two cheeseburgers. She takes out one and hands me the other. I take it and unwrap the burger. A million thoughts in my head. Normally I would stay out of the drama but if Val goes I'll follow.

"What's on your mind?" She asks taking a bite oh her burger.

"Nothing important." I lie, she looks at me expectantly. She knows me too well, although she can really tell when anyone lies. It's like she can read minds or something.

"Tell me." She says taking a seat at the table. I take a deep breath in, should I really do this?

"Voldemort is back." I say too fast.

Her face falls and she starts pacing the room. She runs her fingers through her hair. I put my hand on her shoulder to try and comfort her but she keeps pacing.

"How long have you known?" She asks the edge in her voice send a chill down my spine.

"A month." I say

"This isn't good. Didn't he die or something? I swear I'm not hiding again." She says angrily.

"Is he the one your running from?" I ask

"Partially, that and a ring of angry assassins, a gang from the Caribbean and a group of sailors in the pacific. The list goes on." She names off.

How could someone so lovable piss off some many people? This is going to be harder than I thought.

"How?" I ask

"It actually wasn't difficult, we need to kill Voldemort." She says and stops pacing. I flinch slightly at the name.

"We need to visit your family anyway. We'll pay them a visit then hunt down good ol' Voldy. I have a message for him anyway." She says anger displayed all over her face. Not the rage kind of anger, I've never seen that on her and never want to. The calm anger that is ten times for deadly.

"They want us to join the order." I say and her head shoots up. Does she even know what the order is?

"Well let's join, see if they make any real difference this time." She says more annoyed than I've ever seen her.

"Now?" I ask, it was already the middle of summer and the kids were all at the new place, 12 grimmauld place. I was planning to wait till next summer or just stall till the twins moved out.

"If that works for you." She says

"Yeah, I guess. Let's pack?" I offer

She waves her hand and two suitcases are ready. She still is really stressed but I'm still suprised on how fast she packed it.

"The clothes are folded, let's go." She says kissing my cheek

"12 grimmauld place." I say, she grabs the luggage and in a second she has apperated away.

Valerie's Pov:

I quickly walk to the house I assume to be 12 grimmauld place.

"Val! Valerie!" Charlie calls behind me.

He grabs my shoulder and pulls me back. I spin around. My mind has a million thoughts running through it. I quickly sort through them the way I was taught because it's important to have a clear head when on a mission.

"What?" I ask calmly

"Try to loosen up a bit, your meeting my family." He says masaging my shoulders. I nod, before I knock Charlie opens the door.

"They said not to stay out too long." He says.

I sit wait anxiously then I remember that Charlie said I needed to loosen up. I mean I am meeting his family and I don't need pretend confidence as my first impression.

I notice the piano in the room. That used to always help me calm down. I wonder if it would be worth it. No one can hear me, the house is big enough.

"I don't think you've ever heard me play the piano." I say

"I didn't even know that you knew how to." Charlie says looking at me confused

"Want to hear it?" I offer casually.

"Sure why not."