Chapter - 42 The Village

It was evening when they reached their destination. Siddharth was driving whereas Avneet was wide awake in her seat. She felt anxious and excited at the same time. Siddharth was having fun seeing her all excited and jumpy. He parked the car. Avneet saw few kids were playing around. They stopped playing and stood together watching them.

"Relax Avneet," Siddharth said holding her hand as he noticed her anxiety.

"I just don't....what if they're not going to be welcoming or throw us out-" she blabbered with a worried look. Siddharth sighed and put his index finger on her lips. She stopped talking.

"I'm here, okay? Don't worry," he said caressing her cheek with his fingers. She nodded slowly.

"Let's go out. They're being curious," he said after kissing her forehead.

"Okay," she mumbled sighing slowly. He squeezed her hand one last time before getting out. He rounded around the car and opened the door for her. She got outside holding his hand which he had forwarded towards her. Siddharth locked the car and approached the villagers.

"Namaste." Siddharth greeted them. One of the elders came forward. (Greetings)

"Namaste, beta. Aap log yaha ghumne ke liye aye hain?" he asked. (Greetings, son. You guys are here for a vacation?)

"Ji. Mera naam Samar Malhotra hai. Aur yeh meri patni Shravya." Siddharth introduced themselves to him. (Yes. My name is Samar Malhotra. And she is my wife Shravya.)

"Namaste." Avneet greeted smiling timidly. The elder smiled warmly at their politeness. (Greetings.)

"Namaste, beti. Par beta aap log galat jagah aa gaye ho. Yaha pe hum gaon ke log rehte hain. Tourists yaha nahi rehte." the elder said. (Greetings, child. But you have come to the wrong place. We, villagers, live here. Tourists don't stay over here.)

"Ji, hume woh malum hai. Par hum yaha pe aap logon ke sath thore din ke liye rehne aye hai. Sheher mein aise mauke nahi milte hume, isiliye hum humare chuttiyaan aap logon ke sath bitana chahte the." Siddharth said looking around everyone. The elder became confused. (Yes, we know that. But we came to live here with you all for a few days. We don't get these opportunities in the city, that's why we decided to spend our vacation with you all.)

"Aap doono yaha humare sath rehne aye hain?" he asked being astonished. (You two want to stay with us?)

"Ji," Avneet said this time catching their attention. She was now confirmed that they are not resenting them. (Yes.)

"Agar aap sab ijazat de to," she added smiling gently. They could hear whispers among the people who were present here. The man opened and shut his mouth being shocked. (Only if you permit us.)

"Kya aap kuch der intezar kar sakte ho? Main humare logon ke sath baat karke aapko batata hoon." the man said composing himself. He couldn't make the decision himself. (Can you wait for some time? I'm going to talk with my people and inform you.)

"Ji jaroor," Siddharth said with a nod and smiling politely. The man turned back and walked to the villagers. (Yes, of course.)

"Do you think they'll allow us to stay here?" Avneet asked turning towards Siddharth. He looked at her and gave her an assuring smile.

"Don't worry. There are a lot of more villages around even if they don't let us stay here," he said giving a squeeze on her hand.

"Waise woh kaafi shocked lag rahe the, nahi?" Avneet asked being confused with the man's reaction. (Well he looked quite shocked, right?)

"Haan, woh toh the. Because tourists don't stay here. This is a village. They normally stay over at a hotel or something." he said with a shrug. (Yes, he was.)